Send my location via SMS

Hi :wave:,

I need help on actions

I would like to send my location via SMS using the Zapier integration. I am not sure if the actions on forms has been fixed, the last time I tried to do multiple actions using a form, the actions would not wait for form submission and the Zapier will execute the wrong data.

Is there an alternative way I can send my location without using the form button or using the form with multiple actions But in a right sequence of steps…

Sadly, there is no ‘Collect Location’ action. This would be amazing for pro users. You should create a feature request: features.staging.glideapp.io.

1 Like

Yes you can perform actions after form submission

2 Likes

Does this mean the action will occur instantaneously when the client submits the form and the information on the form sent via SMS or there is another “button press” action that must be done to initiate the Zapier action?

Yes it should happen as soon as they click on submit.

2 Likes

I just watched the video a couple of time and it now makes sense. Thank you for this @Jeff_Hager and thanks to @Robert_Petitto for sharing this video. This is a game changer for the App I am working on actually. Thank You Glide team…with this feature, more pro Apps coming up for me…Wow…I am Happy :grin:

5 Likes

Hi @Jeff_Hager sorry to bother once more. I think I am doing something wrong with my sequence of actions with this flow

When I use the form button, should I choose the first action as “Show form” because I need to send the user profile data and their location via Zapier (SMS) to the recipient.
I tried using the form button but under features I chose “Zapier” and set up the Zapier - SMS integration but when I click the form button, it sends the Zapier trigger without the data I need because it does not open the form which makes sense because I did not choose “show form”…

Take another look at the video. You need to set up the actions separately inside and outside of the form. If you don’t need any other action prior to opening the form, then just simply use the open form action (if you need additional actions, then you set this up as a compound action without the Zap on the form button itself). It’s inside of the form that you then go to the features tap and add any actions that you want to happen after the form is submitted.

4 Likes

You are a :star2:. Don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise. It worked like a charm. I made the mistake of going to features tab without opening the form first. Thanks a million for your patience and your help. Much appreciated :blush:

1 Like

@Luther We can always rely on @Jeff_Hager to come up with the solution he is a :star:

2 Likes

I just wait for everybody else to create a tutorial, learn it, then repeat. :wink:

1 Like

@Jeff_Hager you are to modest Jeff. Remember you founded the ‘circle’ movement (I never forget) :wink:

2 Likes

Circle movement?

1 Like

Ha, ah yes. My horribly drawn circles on several of my screenshots. Apparently everybody in the forum has higher standards for roundness and perfection.

2 Likes

LMAO, I was honestly thinking some moral high ground like it all comes full circle, don’t be hesitant to help another, you may eventually need help yourself. I was excited dammit…That’s my philosophy, damn…:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hehe, still a good philosophy!

1 Like

I was like, this guy…gotta love this guy…I still love ya though :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jeff_Hager now that is, in my opinion, a perfect circle. These standards must be maintained at all costs👌

1 Like

I like to set the bar low.

1 Like

Do you guys like the light theme for Glide? It’s too bright, especially late at night.

1 Like