Can you use the Submit Form as Zapier Trigger

Hello! I know that you can use buttons, basic text and images as triggers for a zapier action, but as anyone acomplished to do that with the submit form?

I know that you can integrate with G-Sheets but Support from Zapier told me that a new row to trigger takes 3 minutes in order to allow people to input data manually, so I’m looking to use the Glide integration to surpass this 3 minutes delay.

What action do you want to trigger? Would a Google Script work?

I’m going to ask the develop team, but the action I’m looking is to after someone submit the form it would trigger a zap with several actions like e-mail, sms and mailchimp.

Thanks @ThinhDinh!

1 Like

You could always create a Zap outside of Glide…one that’s triggered by a new row in the spreadsheet.

I was actually helping my daughter achieve this for an app she was working on!
:grin: #prouddad

1 Like

@Robert_Petitto Thanks! But the problem with that is that the trigger for a new row takes something like 3 minutes to actually trigger as I mentioned :frowning: And I really need to supress this 3 minutes delay.

Congrats on Helping your daughter! :heart:

@ThinhDinh I’m sorry, but I would a G-Script work in this particular case? I know nothing about it :frowning:

I have only worked with sending automatic emails based on newly added rows, not sms or mailchimp (but I think SMS will work the same way as long as you have the carrier number’s email format).

Here’s an example.

I use Google project triggers to run google script functions all the time. https://script.google.com/home/

What I normally do is run a timed trigger as frequently as every minute, 5 min, once a day, whatever makes sense for what you are trying to do. From there the Google Script function and pretty much do anything you want. I’ve used it to add new users to Mailchimp, send files to Amazons S3 service, send SMS messages using Twilio, send emails of course via the sheet owners email access functions, but if email limits are an issue I have used Sendgrid to send the emails. Pretty much anything that has an API and sample Javascript code examples, can be accessed via a Google script with the data coming from the Googles sheet. Instantaneous running of a script function is not possible at this time.

But to answer the original question Zapier would not be triggered on a Glide form submit.

1 Like