Search bar bug

Hello, I have a bug with the search in app (on android) :

When I launch a search the app find results, but when I click on a result, only one part appears on 2 cm on the right and is cut. The rest of the screen stay on results.

This only way I found is to click again on search to make my selection appear in full screen.

Is there a solution ?

I think I need to see a screenshot. I’m not sure I understand what you are explaining.

Of course, here they are :slight_smile:

That is definitely odd. I’ve never seen that before.

• Do you have an odd screen resolution that you know of?
  • What browser did you use to install the app?
  • What is the version of the browser?
  • Which version of Android are you using?

Apps have a tablet/desktop mode where a list style screen layout will render as two columns. List on the left and details for the item you clicked on the right. It seems like something with the resolution is forcing it into that 2 column full screen desktop mode. You can see that your tab buttons also stretch off screen. Out of curiosity, are you able to zoom out when that happens?

Apps have an option to disable tablet/desktop mode, so that’s something you could try.
Screenshot_20230206-090023

Do you possibly have an app link that you can share, or could you create a simple sample app where you can reproduce the same issue and share that link? I’d like to see if I can reproduce it on my device.

Have you tried on any other phone?
Does this only happen when you use the search? Does it work normally when you click on an item without using search?

Maybe there’s some user accessibility settings that are enabled and effect the app???

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer, you gave me the solution, seems the problem is with samsung internet (V 19.0.6.3 ) on galaxy s22 ultra , android 13 version 5.0

I tried desinstal and reinstal but was same. I Just try changing for chrome and it works perfectly !

“You can see that your tab buttons also stretch off screen. Out of curiosity, are you able to zoom out when that happens?” : no way to zoom out and I could click on tab buttons that opens bad too on the right.

Thank you for your help !

1 Like

Ahh, there you go. Glad you figured it out!

Glide officially supports Chrome and Safari. With other browsers, it’s a bit of a crapshoot.