Screen visitors by email attached to Google Ed accounts to a school board

Hello All,
I am fairly new to Glide and not a programmer. In the Glide library when using Chrome how do you blow up the illustrations? I can hover on top of it and blow it up once but that isn’t big enough. Old eyes and everything

I have tired copying my app from another app from Robert Petitto but I can’t see how he screens logins but just by looking at some of the components. I think the setting is Public with email. How does it know what my email is not a student’s email or a teacher’s email from that school? He has a Rich Text message show up when the Student Email isn’t signed in user. So he must have to input a list of student emails? And teachers? In our app any person can login and enter data.

Thanks,
Fred

It probably depends on the computer, but I have a touchscreen as well as a touchpad on my PC laptop. I can simply Pinch zoom on my screen or pinch zoom on my touchpad and it will enlarge the entire screen. On Chrome you can use CTRL and the Plus or Minus button, but in my experience, it didn’t zoom the same way as pinch zoom and it didn’t really make the image bigger.

You could also try accessibility settings like like a screen magnifier to make the images bigger.

@Robert_Petitto maybe you can chime in on the other half of the question. My guess the student app and the teacher app each look at separate email lists of students vs teachers and using filtering and visibility to show different messages and components based on the signed in user.

Correct. I have a list of teacher emails that are separate from student emails. Depending who’s signed in, the content will be filtered appropriately.

1 Like

Thanks Robert! I think you are talking about User Email filter, not just the normal filter?

I also was wondering what the best way would be to track the time a student is entering the goals on my app? I want some way to justify the amount of time they are using the app as we are to give approx. 3 hours of school work a week.

Thanks,
Fred

Whenever a user adds/edits a record, or uses a form button, you can use the DateTime Special Value to record the user’s current date time. Maybe you could observe the dates and times to see how active they are if they are updating or adding data in the app.

1 Like