Screen links redirecting

Hi! Screen links were functioning pretty well untill last week. I have al ready checked visibility conditions, but all share links are redirecting to the same home page.

Is this cause of an update or something i haven´t noticed?

Do you mean Deep Links? Can you share one of those links? The format changed in the last month or two, so I just want to make sure you are using the newly formatted deep links.

Thank you @Jeff_Hager of course.

I hope you can help me.

That link seems to be for a tab that doesn’t exist. The 1717d portion of the url should be the part that refers to the tab. None of your tabs have that link. Do any of your tabs have visibility conditions that may not allow me to see them? Have you been making major changes to your app in the past week? Where is the link supposed to point in the app?

Good point Jeff. That tab have visibility conditions. But they are some kind of Onboarding conditions.

Users with this conditions can see it (now you can). But if you share the link it redirects.
And yes we make some changes but i think nothing major.

Hmm, the link does seem valid as I can navigate to the screen that matches that link. When I click on the URL bar and press enter (which is a valid url) it still reloads to the home tab. It only seems to be happening with the Proyectos tab. It seems to work everywhere else.

What I do notice is that when the page reloads, the tab is temporarily hidden for a split second, so I assume that the conditions haven’t finished recalculating, so the tab is not visible and it defaults back to the first tab.

The problem here is that computed columns are computed on the end user’s device. They are not computed on the glide server. So, what might be happening is that when the page reloads, your Onboarding condition or your Relation take a little time to fill, so the tab is hidden until they are filled. At that point, it’s too late and the page has decided that the url was invalid (even though it is valid).

I think you have done everything correctly, so I don’t believe there is anything you could change. I would like to say that this is a bug, but I’m not sure what glide could do to make it better based on how glide works now. I guess you could submit a bug to glide support and include a link to this post, but I wouldn’t be too hopeful for a quick fix.

https://share.hsforms.com/16jL7NgZYSsW9DinHwTIqZAbvbdc

1 Like

Oh! Nice analysis Jeff.

It´s correct, that tab is the only redirecting. Even though other tabs have more complex visibility conditions.

And for sure, we submit the bug and let you know if this has a solution.

Anyway, thank you very much for your time! See you…

1 Like