⚡ Rich Text > Actions!

@Mark @Jason

3 Likes

Do you mean the first X items in an ordered list? ie. something like the Top 5 from a Leaderboard?

Yup. That’s certainly one example.

add row number =ROW() column to the sheet, and than filter items where row is less than x+2

1 Like

okay, that’s an interesting challenge. Maybe I’ll have a play around with it later. If I come up with anything will let you know.

Edit: Just noticed @Uzo 's suggestion, which would probably get you there. But a Glide-only solution would still be nice, I expect?

3 Likes

Thanks @Uzo but I can do it in GS using RANK which is perfect, but I’d like to achieve it with Glide columns if possible

Would you know how to maybe do a Title on the Left and the See all in line on the right? Sort of how to make it look like the current “See All”?

Here you go.

However please keep in mind that the action will apply even if you click in the Title.

<div class="same-line-test">
<div class="title">Title</div>
<class="see-all">→ See all</class></div>
<pre><span><style>
.same-line-test {
display: flex;
-webkit-box-pack: justify;
justify-content: space-between;
}
.same-line-test .title {
position: relative;
float: left;
font-weight: 700;
font-size: 1rem;
line-height: 1.1875rem;
color: #006400;
}
4 Likes

Perfect, Thank you!!

Edited the styling for see-all out as I realized I wasn’t able to target that class.

i don’t think there is any pure Glide solution for this… I would suggest that from the beginning, you should have row number starting 1 , and any add row or form action you should add +1 from previous row, in set columns. this way data will be better organized and accessible. Thats what i do with all my sheets and it helps me with all kind of purposes (searching, relating, ranking, filtering…) Anyway, it would be a great help if Glide will give us a ROW() function, or simply have numbers next to ROW ID column.

1 Like

I’m going through this right now. The issue I’m having is that I want inline lists drawing from the same table on multiple tabs, but with independent components drawing from different columns. But each time I put an inline list on a new tab, which draws from the same table as the other, the same components get pulled over as though each list is the supposed to be the exact same list. Are you doing something different? I tried different visibility options, but it gets messy.

Are you referring to the Title/Details/Captions for the Inline List component?

I have a method for having different values for each when viewing different inline lists of the same data.
It involves setting a user specific column in my user profiles table, and then using an if-then-else column to set my list title/details/caption (and sometimes image) depending on the value of that column.

It’s ugly, but it works. I’d be completely open to a simpler approach.

1 Like

No, but I’ll keep that method in mind.

I have users and an admin using the same app. Within the app, to save on tables and rows, I went horizontal with extra columns instead (1000+). It still works pretty good with the inline lists. The next step is I thought that I would create separate tabs for the users and the admin, with row owners & a visibility control, and that works fine too. However, when I create an inline list on a tab for one set of columns, all of the components that I’ve applied to that table will be shown on all tabs with an inline list. It’s like I need the “independent screen configuration”, but per inline list. I started adding visibility controls for the components, but I’m not very happy about all the extra work.

This is what I was going to suggest. No great solution otherwise…unless one inline list is set to “show details” and the other is set to “show new screen”…not a great solution, but it might get you there.

Show New Screen is generally my go to method. Otherwise I find myself getting lost in a sea of components and visibility conditions. But I guess it depends on the complexity. Using visibility conditions isn’t too bad if there are are small number of components and only 2-3 different views.

We need component grouping!! :smiley:

I’m trying this now as I haven’t used that feature before. I got way too far into building out the table before I discovered the front-end issue. Thanks

It’s a scheduling app, I have 7 x 24+ components per screen and multiple views. :sob:

Definitely!

1 Like

Yeah, sounds like you should definitely give the Show New Screen method a try. It’ll be more screens to maintain, but each one will be lighter and cleaner. And copy/paste components takes care of a lot of the legwork.

4 Likes

Do you think there is a way to click on each row of the HTML table and have it open the detail view of that row?
I currently have an HTML list and then the same list as an inline list below to open each row.
Would be grate to just click on the table and not have this doubled