⚡ Rich Text > Actions!

Maybe you can add another column and use href there to link to the deep link of the row?

However, I think it will mess up your flow a bit since I don’t think Glide can’t smoothly transfer the user to the destination screen like what you do for a “show screen” action, Glide will treat it like an “open link” action.

haha, you know what?
A client asked me to do exactly this for an app I’ve just started working on. :rofl:

If the number of rows is fixed, then what you could do is make it several single row tables stacked on top of each other. You should be able to style it so that it looks like a single table. As each “row” would be in its own Rich Text component, each could have a distinct action. A lot of trouble, but it should work. Of course that wouldn’t work if the number of rows is dynamic.

I think what I’m going to do is make it so that when the table is clicked, it exposes an Inline List of the rows.

My table is dynamic :frowning:
Its a workout program that the trainer writes in the app…

It works as far as getting a fresh canvas for components, but it breaks the link to “this item” for the details from the inline list. It just grabs info from the top row of the table, and I can’t filter the rows for the components, because it’s not an option.

I can set a USC column with the unique ID of the row before going to the new screen, but for a new screen there’s only a reference to the table to draw from. So I’m still picking away at this issue…

hmm, that’s not how it should work. Here’s a short video that shows an example of how I use it. Maybe this will help…

5 Likes

Yeah… I was doing something different alright because I failed to even see the tiny “this item” text as an option when creating the “new screen” action. When creating the action, the default data source shown was a Google sheet, and not the one that I was building on, so I quickly changed it to the sheet I wanted whereas “this item” is what I actually wanted…

Thanks for the demo, it was helpful.

3 Likes

It’s amazing and so beautiful. But I don’t understand all u usage.
Can u show a video with glide table and components?
Very helpfull!

I don’t have time right now, but perhaps I can put together a short tutorial in the next few days.

3 Likes

I really appreciate it!

Here you go…

4 Likes

On this wonderful winter evening, just know that somewhere in Russia right now, one person adores you and firmly shakes your hand. :beers:

4 Likes