Just need to double check my assumption.
I need to change the column names in Google sheets as I have an array abc 1…10 but in Glides it shows up as a single column abc. Can I change the name in Google sheets to abc1 abc2 abc3 (remove the space). I have 2 questions >
- is abc1 abc2 abc3 still considered an array or does it need that space
- if I change the name on google sheets will the glide table pick it up and update all references like it does when I change it in Glide Table ?
Bonus question >
In google sheets are the columns referenced by
- a unique ID mapping that we don’t see
- by the name of the column
- position (index) of the column
Yes. The space is optional.
In my experience, yes.
Although any time I make column changes in a Google Sheet the first thing I will always do is manually re-sync Glide. It generally works fine - even renaming tables - I’ve rarely had any problems.
It’s definitely not 3.
I’m not 100% sure, but I’d say 2 - or perhaps some combination of 1 & 2.
I always do a manual re-sync, I have been affected by it. May be it automatically resyncs periodically.
Regarding the last part. I agree it can’t be 3, but also it can’t be 2 because if you change the name of a column it still manages to sync, so it has to be 1 (hopefully).
If Glide can confirm it will be appreciated so I have a better understanding on what I should or should not do in Google Sheets