Remove Search Bar

Hi!

I don’t have the option to remove my search bar like in the past. The tab is set up with multiple inline lists.

Is there something I should do to not make this mandatory, and I can uncheck the box?

Thanks!

search

Go into each of those inline lists and remove the search checkbox. If even one of those lists has the ability to search, then the whole tab needs the search checked off (and it can’t be removed).

1 Like

Oh, I see! Is there no way to have the search bar in the inline lists, but not this front tab? Through some workaround.

Would it work if you display limited items and let them search when they press See All? Does that option exist?

Regarding what we have know, it makes sense to make it mandatory for the interface to look right.

Yes, I have it to only display 6 items, then you have to hit see all.

That’s exactly what I want to happen, the search bar only popup once they hit ‘see all’ for the individual inline lists.

Also the search bar likes to appear uninvited even after I have unchecked everywhere. This is a bug. If anyone else notices, please post.

1 Like

This is a bug I don’t care about. What can we do?

Do you have multiple inline lists? Can you confirm that you have removed the search option from all lists?

1 Like

I found I had to remove the search bars for the inline lists, then I could remove the search bar for the entire tab, and add back the search bars for the inline lists.

1 Like

Thanks @Jeff_Hager. I did have and your suggestion helped in eliminating. Is “Show Search Bar” a default with inline lists?

It keeps adding itself when I change filters anytime :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

:rofl:

Ah, so that must be the pattern for me when I say it appears “uninvited”. Good catch!

1 Like

Reproducing it is also tough though

1 Like

Yep, I know. That’s why I hadn’t “reported” it as bug but it happens all the time and like you implied, it’s not earth shattering, but persistently annoying! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It’s problematic on the screen that I have as there is no text visible for search. It will annoy my app users more than me.

1 Like

I guess I don’t ever recall it activating uninvited. Unless maybe you are duplicating an inline list component that already had it set???

1 Like

No, that’s not the case. As I said, it’s hard to reproduce. Last time it popped back up was when I messed with filters of the inline list.

1 Like