Query group by....inside Glide?

Please…is it possible…??

Si if i have my list of invoices with this structure:

How can i Have an Inline list or List Relation showing something like this:
(grouping by date and Product SKU)

…inside Glide without using a new google sheet with query… group by etc

Thanks !

Hi Gerard, let me help you with this.

So I have some random data that is the same as your format.

Then I create a template column that concatenate your date and ProductSKU (because that’s the unique value we have to “group by” for calculation).

Then I use a relation column to self-relate back to the template column I have just created.

Then I have a rollup column to calculate what you want to.

Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Thank you for your time !!

In your guide I have total units sold by day and article what is ok. But when using the inline list it does not group rows by code and day. So if Art1 is sold 3 times in day 1, it shows 3 registers/rows for that same product. Hope you understand what I mean

1 Like

Yeah I have tried that as well but failed to show what you want. Hope somebody can chime in with a way to make only unique values shown.

1 Like

Thanks again !! Perhaps @Jeff_Hager finds a workaround .

The curious thing here is that when showing a chart, the info is grouped, but is not possible to link to detail. So the grouping is done in glide, but not possible to show it in inline lists or relation lists. Clickable charts would be super also !!

1 Like

I have wanted this as well as I have a similar situation. I have a sheet with Lessons that are taught to students. In another sheet I have billing cycles where a coach can select a date range for billing of their students. Through formulas in the sheet, each lesson is assigned to a billing cycle. Then in a third sheet I use a query to get the unique Student/Coach/DateRange combination. This way, through relations, I can display only the student’s lessons that were taught by the signed in coach within the date range they selected. I my case I have several other columns doing calculations in the sheet and also incorporate payments for each billing cycle, so I’m satisfied with using a query.

A grouping or unique option would be nice, but I suppose in most cases a list in glide needs to relate to an actual row in the sheet Grouping wouldn’t allow you to do this and the only option would be to display a list with no action (like how you mentioned that charts work). Long story short, I don’t think it’s possible with the current glide only functions?

1 Like

Any updates on this? Is there a way to do this in Glide now?

1 Like