Put the Private Sign-in Infomation in the record

Hello Gliders :grinning:

Is there a way to write the signed-in user information to Google Sheets when using the Private Pro App?

What I want to achieve with the app is:

1. This is an application for inventory management.

2. When adding or modifying an inventory record, I would like to create a column in the corresponding record that can store the E-mail information of the member who performed the operation.

3. The reason for the E-mail information is that I thought that if I had it, I could use “Relation” to refer to the name from a Google spreadsheet that has user information.

The problem is 2).

How can I reflect the information of the signed-in user (probably the information that Glideapp has) as the value of the cell on the Google spreadsheet?

I look forward to working with you.

1 Like
  • Create appropriate columns in your sheet to store the data (‘Created By’, ‘Modified By’, etc)
  • As part of an action associated with adding a new row or modifying an existing one, use the special value “User’s Email Address” to populate these columns
    Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 3.01.35 PM

See also:

1 Like

Thanks to your help, I was able to do what I wanted to do :smiley:
I should have read the documentation correctly. I’m sorry :sweat:

1 Like

No need to be sorry. Sometimes we just need a point in the right direction. That’s what the community is here for :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes