Public user model is a problem

Hi,

I am starting to have huge issues with the way public users work. People are signing up to my Glide account with emails that don’t match the emails in my current Airtable database. The only way to work around this is with private users, which is not possible due to limits.

A key issue that is happening is that people are triggering workflows that I have set up in Airtable whenever they log in with an email.

Are there any plans to change this in the immediate future?

I don’t want people being able to create accounts if they are not already in Airtable.

I don’t think so, no.

If Private Users isn’t an option for you, then I think the next best alternative would be to use tab visibility to effectively cripple the app for unknown users. ie. you could set it up in such a way that an unknown user that signs in would just see a single screen with some sort of “Nothing to see here” message.

I’m not familiar with AirTable, so I’m not sure how you would handle it there. But I’d imagine there should be a way to deal with it?

An app where only approved emails can sign in is what we call a private app. You should not use public sign-in if this is what you want.

We have customers with thousands of private users, so I’m not sure what you mean by the limits are a problem.

1 Like

Your business plan has a limit of 100 private users according to your pricing page.

Yeah, I tried that. Ultimately, they don’t see anything anyway, because their account isn’t linked to anything but it just leads to a million support emails from people asking why they can’t access their account.

Hey, Connor!

If you need more Private users, you can get in touch with our Sales team by clicking this link.

2 Likes