Public app (no login) with user profiles

Maybe someone got an idea for this or has already done something like this:

I am creating a public app, I would like to leave it without having to login via email, but I would like to give the possibility to create user profiles. Users with profiles (potentially paying a fee for that) would get the ability to publish new items.

Is something like that possible? I get stuck with the edit button already: If there is no user role to chose from, how could only specific people get access to certain features?

1 Like

You can change the option to public with email, assign a user profiles sheet, then revert back to public.

You could add a sign in button while keeping the app public. Once a user signs in with the button, their email will populate in the user profiles sheet and app logins sheet.you can then use this for your visibility conditions.
I do this with https://no-script.in/

My paid members have access to the course when they login while the app is public.

1 Like

Sign in Button!!! Thanks @Manan_Mehta, I think this is what I was looking for :slight_smile:

Your app is awesome!! Did you customize all that with CSS/HTML or did you embed external (parts of) websites?

1 Like

Yes. But even in this case, users can login in the burger menu. If using favorites or chat etc will prompt the user to log in.

Thanks @Alexdz
It’s all either CSS or certain images which are placed in a way that they blend with the background.
Great design resources in this thread: Beautiful Design App