Private community app (feed, community, posts, etc)

Happy Friday!
At https://lowcode.agency we’ve been working on a couple of MASSIVE apps that I’ll show you guys (hopefully) soon, but today I wanted to show you this app.
TheFreeBirds is a community, and the challenge for this client was that everything was in a different place: Facebook group, Kajabi, job board, etc.

With this app, they have everything in the same place. This way, it’s easier to up-sell and cross-sell, and their users are way more engaged than when everything is spread out in different tools.

We even created some pretty cool tricks with actions and sounds :wink:

Take a look here:

11 Likes

That’s a pretty neat app @eltintero!

Good job man! Keep it up!

1 Like

great work!

1 Like

Excellent :clap:

1 Like

Very proud to have nailed that “social links” list. I have been waiting for actions to do that specific thing for a long time, since viewing a post from @Krivo.

2 Likes

@ThinhDinh any hints on how you did that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Probably it deserves another post but I’m gonna write it out here first.

I have a separate sheet with 4 rows. Let’s call it “Social”. One fixed column contains these values:

• Email
  • Phone
  • LinkedIn
  • Website

Then 1 user-specific column called “Dynamic link”, which I will use for this trick.

Then back to the user’s sheet, I make 4 template columns contain text values email, phone, LinkedIn, website.

Those 4 template columns are then used to make 4 relations to the “Social” sheet.

The action when any user opens each user’s profile item is firstly view details, then 4 set columns based on those 4 relations to insert the actual email (mailto: Email), phone (tel: Number), LinkedIn (URL) and Website (URL) to the “Dynamic link”.

By doing so, I only need 4 rows to achieve what I need.

Let me know if you have any questions.

3 Likes

@Krivo Here’s a video.

1 Like

It looks like someone took a couple of Robert’s apps and smashed them together…lol

Definitely not. It’s 100 custom made using all of Glides functionalities!

5 Likes