Postgres to Airtable when building with Glide

Hey Glide community, wanted to share how the company I work for is making Glide more valuable in case it’s helpful to others too. We are using Glide mainly for internal tools but I think this would be helpful for any use case if your company has a database.

We use Postgres to hold our data but customer service and sales wanted to build tools for their teams, and since they’re not engineers they didn’t have access to data they needed in Postgres, and felt more comfortable in Airtable (which is why they pushed for Glide).

At first we tried getting the engineering team to connect Airtable and Postgres but the syncs kept breaking. We tried working with the Airtable API and BaseQL but it wasn’t a good long term solution.

Zapier does work. But it didn’t catch deletes or certain updates. If you’re looking to send only new records and send data in one direction, I’d use Zapier.

Bracket worked really well. It sends data from Postgres to Airtable (whether it’s an update, delete, anything), and it sends data from Airtable back to Postgres. So when customer service or sales team members made updates in our Glide apps, those changes were logged in Airtable and then sent to the rest of the business (because it was sent to Postgres). I made some fields only sync one way so that they couldn’t just change any data in the database.

Bracket does work with Google Sheets and other databases (SQL & NoSQL) too but I haven’t tested the product with those. I’d imagine it works similarly though.

I tried some ETL solutions but it didn’t work well for this use case and seemed like overkill. Unless you want to sync in one direction and transform the data, then it may work for that but also could get pricey.

Hope this helps!

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience! It sounds like you have found a great solution for your use case. It’s great to hear that Bracket worked well for you and that you were able to sync data from Postgres to Airtable. If anyone else is looking for a similar solution, your advice is definitely worth considering. Thanks again for your input!

This link could be useful: Glide Docs • Airtable

This is an experimental automatic reply from a bot. Please like it if the answer is correct.

2 Likes

Awesome! @kevingorne we hope we can connect directly to your Postgres database next year.

1 Like

I’ll have to remember Bracket. Thanks for the advice, @kevingorne !!

Checking out Bracket! In the past, I’ve used coupler.io —> works decently too.