Please try: New & Improved Tiles Layout

We’ll announce this feature next week, but we have a super-duper new Tiles layout with a lot of amazing capabilities. Please give it a try, share your feedback, and post screenshots!

Here’s a small glimpse of the new things you can do:

13 Likes

THIS IS UNREAL. :100:

I fear implementing all these changes into apps as they roll out is going to be a mega PITA. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, I saw this earlier. Wonderful! I have to work with a little more.

1 Like

I noticed the Tiles View Style has Text Wrapping and Padding where the Tiles Inline List does not. Maybe that’s by design but seemed like something that could be on both. Took me awhile to figure out that the “See All” shows after a certain number of rows. Otherwise, fantastic work!

2 Likes

Can’t keep up with all these new features, my problem not yours :slight_smile: great work, will have a play today

1 Like

Sexy af.

2 Likes

tried this feature and i really love it!
however, i did notice that horizontal scrolling is not as smooth as normal vertical scrolling…

Super this layout ! :smiley:

How can we display ‘‘see all’’ ? I don’t see the option…

It will show if you have more than 12 list items.

1 Like

Could you share the app so we can take a look how you do it?

Tried this new feature, it’s amazing and gives you so many options to play with:grinning:
especially I liked that I can add an empty tabs with text as an overlay for events I don’t have images.
Screens 2-3: various options to show inline lists.

1 Like

I’m not seeing the vertical vs horizontal option in the builder.

You have to use tiles layout within inline list, otherwise you won’t see it. Don’t know why it’s like that tho…

1 Like

We thought about that Paul! All the old tile based layouts are upgraded to the equivelant on the new tiles layout. So if you were using Columns or Grid before, now you will be using Tiles with it configured to look the same! This means you can easily start playing with the new settings right away!

2 Likes

Thanks! That is weird though. I wonder if that’s going to stay like that or if it just hasn’t fully rolled out yet.

@kyleheney @Francois1 I imagine the thought was that the horizontal layout doesn’t make sense on a Tab where the Style is the Tile layout. There wouldn’t be any other content on the screen, so there would only be a horizontal listing of items at the top of the screen and the rest of the screen would be empty. Whereas, with an inline list, horizontal makes more sense since you will most likely have additional content on the screen. Looking at @NataliaGo third example, I can potentially see where horizontal might make more sense on a Tile Style Tab Layout if the vertical content for each item fills most of the screen. Could potentially be used as an alternative to the image carousal.

1 Like

Ah yes that makes sense. So I guess the instruction would be to use the new horizontal layout, start with the Details view, then add Inline lists as needed.

@JackVaughan A quick and dirty movie of how to do this would help me a lot!

Yes, that would be my understanding.

@Jeff_Hager yes, it makes sense, here is an example with a horizontal layout for a festival stage, and on the bottom i could add a map, so that it would not be empty…

2 Likes