Please fix Horizontal scrolling flaw

When scrolling vertically, you can click into details, and you come right back to the same point in the list that you were. If you scroll horizontally and click details page, you go right to beginning of the list of items. This is problematic and frustrating for users. I am hoping this resonates with the Glide team, is a quick fix, and can be addressed quickly.

This is probably a feature request, but since it’s a design flaw and doesn’t following the same applicable scrolling rule as Vertical Scroll, I decided to put it in the Bugs category. Begging for a fix on this one - my app relies heavily on Horizontal scrolling to manage content types and this has a huge impact on UX!

Thanks! :blush:

6 Likes

Never realized it :thinking: Great observation.

+1 for a better UX/UI

1 Like

@Mark can you guys please fix this? I use a lot of horizontal scrolling for inline lists and am getting complaints from my users about the fact that they’ll be in a details view and come out, back to the first item in the list…it’s very frustrating for them to find their place in the list again to continue discovering content. This is not an issue with vertical scrolling so I assume it can be fixed. It has been several weeks on this one so I’m hoping you can move it up your list and address it. Thanks! :upside_down_face:

Hi. My client is making the same request. @Mark / @Jeff_Hager - Any thoughts on why the horizontal scroll behaves differently than the vertical scroll in terms of “remembering” where the user was in the list and returning to that spot from the detail view?

Thank you!!

1 Like

Any update on if this might be addressed? Any info is greatly appreciated!!!

1 Like

We are aware of the issue. It is very complicate to fix unfortunately without making some nasty flickering behavior. There are a couple structural changes that need to happen before this can be resolved.

1 Like

Hi Jason, this is a major issue for our app and massively affects the user experience (so much so that it might make Glide app unusable for us in the long term). Can you give an indication on when those structural changes are planning on being made so this issue can be fixed? Thanks.

Thanks Jason. I appreciate the honest response. This will help us determine next steps.

Hi Jason, Can you please let us know if the structural changes that need to happen to resolve this issue are planned soon to happen? You can see in this thread that it’s causing a big issue for a number of Glide issues so we really need a fix on this.
Thanks,
Erin

Hi Erin! We’re aware of this and the team is working on this. No date yet, unfortunately.

Hi Eltinero,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry do you think it’s a ‘1 week’ kind of fix with your team seriously working on it? Or is this ‘sometime in the next 6 months, its not really a priority’ kind of issue?

As it really affects my users so we need to consider redesigning the app to eliminate horizontal scroll if it’s not fixed in a timely manner.

Thanks,
Erin

1 Like

Yup, mentioned this back in the summer as well. Not very user friendly.

I don’t think it’s coming next week.

Hi Eltintero, Ok but is the development team actually actively working on it? I need an ETA…

1 Like

As Jason said above, there are some structural (large) changes needed for this to be able to get fixed. The engineering team is aware of this.