Pivot tables?

Does anyone pull data from Pivot Tables into their apps? Is this possible?

I’m trying to create a “Stats” page that filters by user to show their monthly values nicely. Ideally, I’d also like to have a graphical display/chart.

1 Like

I haven’t done it myself but if you create the table with a structure that has the column titles at row 1 I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

I see you added the chart thing after my 1st answer. Yes there are a lot of people who have published these kinds of charts and then used them in a Glide app. Do a search here in the community. Others may comment with links to those discussions as well.

The issue I’m having is that the Pivot Table creates a 1st row “header” that doesn’t use the individual items I’m sorting by, but rather the column name in the other sheet (i.e. my Pivot Table is pulling in Activities and the number of times each user does each activity.). The Pivot table looks like this:

I would think some sort of combination of formulas, lookups, sums, queries etc. might get you there instead of using the built in pivot function. I found a couple links using queries to perform a pivot. If you need different headings, I’m sure you could duplicate the data into another sheet with custom headings and only pulling in the rows you need. Sorry I can’t be of more help, I don’t do much with pivot tables.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I think you’re right in that the same can/should be accomplished differently when using Glide. Appreciate the input and links!

1 Like