Password for a tab in the application

Hello,

I created a pro application with several categories and I want to secure a tab with password. it’s possible?

Yup definitely. Just create a user-specific text field and hide all other components until the text enters matches a specific string of text.

Hello,

can you explain to me how we do it?

Create a column in a sheet called Password. Enter the password in that column.

In your users sheet, create a column called Password Entry.

Have a text entry on the tab that gets users to enter the password — write this to the Password Entry column.

Filter visibility of components for when the Password Entry equals (or doesn’t equal) the Password.

2 Likes

Do you have an app to show me with this option?

Yup! I’ve got a free template in the template store that uses this (it’s meant for schools, which is why it’s free… there’s a paid version here too): https://www.glideapps.com/templates/sjV5xNgTyxa92WdJEeiK-template

Hello,

I cannot write the password to enter the application. It’s possible?

Hello @Pole_Mobilite

Should you want to limit access to your entire app with a password, you can activate the feature called “Limit access by password”.

1. Go to “Settings”
  2. Go to “Privacy”
  3. Select “Limit access by password”
  4. Define the password

Your app will then be considered “private” and only users with the global password will be able to access your app.

Thank you, but to limit a tab by a password please

This should work.

2 Likes

Indeed it does work! It’s also demonstrated in the template that I linked earlier. Downloading that template should give you a clear look at how to set up your sheet.

Thanks for your help. the problem I am having is that I don’t know how to filter component visibility when the password entry is equal.

You should set up your visibility using If password field is not “User —> Password Entry”.

Inventing your own password mechanism inside of a tab is not a secure feature. Only the password login that we provide is a secure password mechanism.

If you merely want a way to hide data from some users, and that data is not private or sensitive, then this approach could work for you.

4 Likes

Definitely agree. I use this feature mainly for app admins to change stuff like the company logo, or to add items to choice component lists. Nothing too wild in terms of security needed, so I like to use this approach.

1 Like

YES That’s what I want to do but I don’t know how to hide. can you explain to me please

I’ll explain, but later I post a video on the channel

https://youtu.be/na4BwFRwTlg subscribe