Overwrite / update a row or cell in google sheets

Hi all! I’m brand new to glide (and building no-code!).

I want to have a a box for a user to enter a search term and have this sent to google sheets.

I need sheets to overwrite each subsequent term sent by that user (or another) to be overwritten / updated in the same cell.

Is this possible and if so, how?

Thanks!!
Rich :nerd_face:

It’s possible by using the Set Column Values action.

But, I suspect that you might be approaching this the wrong way. Can you describe your use case in a little more detail? eg. once that value is written to the sheet, what is it used for?

3 Likes

Thanks Darren! I want to use it with Parsehub to scrape data based on a users search term. I can have values in google sheets that can be changed and parsehub scrape but I don’t want a fixed set of values, I want whatever the user puts in. Hence only needing one line.

Okay, so in the simplest form all you really need is a text input component that is targeted at the column in question. You just need to make sure you’re always writing to the same row. The easiest way to do this is probably to use a sheet/table that contains just a single row.

This might help:

OK, I’m brand new to this so will have a look now and see if I can do it :+1:t2:

I’m probably being super simple but I just deleted all the other rows in sheets but it keeps adding one for the new term.

I’ll hunt around in the glide settings

You are using a form. You don’t need to do that. Just set your tab to a details style layout, add a text entry component pointing to the correct column, and that should be it. As soon as you start typing, it will update the sheet.

2 Likes

Jeff ya legend!! Thanks for that!! Such a simple fix. Where do I mail the beer?! :joy::beers:

1 Like

Mail it to @Darren_Murphy. He earned it. :wink:

1 Like

Did someone say BEER?? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

2 Likes