Not refreshing calculations

My app’s URL: https://gobaremeter3.glideapp.io/
Many of the sections in my app use calculations which are perfermed in the app (not in the Google sheet). Recently the calculations dont always work and several of the fields do not populate. The user has to unload the app on the phone and then reload it.
I have several versions of the app for different user groups and it is the same accross all of the versions. First screen shot is the error screen and the second is how it should appear.
There are no problems on my PC

1 Like

More testing has revield that it only fails to work when all of the digits are deleted in the data entry field.
If I put in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 digits nothing calculates BUT if I tap in 7 digits then it works and I can delete back even to one digit and the calculations still work…
HELP

1 Like

Can you show your calculation steps? I think you may have an IF statement for setting your minimum fees set up wrong.

Hi Jeff thanks for your offer
I have not altered any calcs so am unsure why it is not working properly

This is the tab in the data sheet

This is the page in the app - click on the menu button at the bottom of the screen and open “fees calculator”

I think there is definitely a bug in there somewhere. I can wipe out the field, enter a number, and the the couple of table rows are empty. If I hit the back button and go back into the fees calculator, then all the table rows show proper.

I was thinking that maybe something was getting stuck, so I started looking at your IF/THEN columns.
Some of your IF/THEN columns are structured to look at exact percentage values. I think it would be better to use >= to cover the range between percentages. Probably not exactly how I did it, but it at least needs to cover that 10-15 % range (whatever makes sense for your calcs). I was just trying to cover all ranges to make sure the calc wasn’t getting stuck on a previous IF value whenever it didn’t fit any of the conditions.
I also noticed an inconsistency with your 7% check.

Yours:

Mine:

Yours:

Mine:

@Mark Regardless of what I tried, I think it’s still a Glide bug. Like I said, the values are there and you can see them in the data editor, but they just don’t show until you hit 7 digits like you said, or they will show if you click on back and come back into the calculator (same with a full refresh).
It’s only when clear the entry field when you Backspace from right to left or Delete from left to right that you encounter the bug. If you highlight the whole number and delete, backspace, or start typing a new number, then it works fine.

Thank you for your observations - where do I go from here - I will obviously change the 7!
but the issue is what is causing the issue with 7 digits and is is a Glide issue or what ?

I tagged @Mark, so hopefully he will see it and they can find and fix the issue.

1 Like

I hope that a fix can be found - as I said it hasn’t always been like this - I was only made aware of the problem last weekend…

2 Likes

Hi
Sorry to ask again, but do you know if this is a Glide issue and is it something that can be fixed …
Thanks in anticipation…

1 Like

Like i mentioned above. I think it truly is a Glide bug and that’s why I tagged Mark from Glide. I’ve tried all I can think of and it definitely seemed buggy. Hopefully they can figure something out. I don’t know what you could do differently at this point.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff
I was not sure of how the process of bug reporting was handled - I’ll wait for a response…

@Jeff_Hager Could you please make a short video of the bug in action, and share the app?

Hi
My (Test) app’s URL: https://gobaremeter3.glideapp.io/
Many of the sections in my app use calculations which are perfermed in the app (not in the Google sheet). Recently the calculations dont always work and several of the fields do not populate. Refreshing the app sometimes works.
I have several versions of the app for different user groups and it is the same accross all of the versions.
The tab on the datasheet “Bareme 1” is one of the problem tabs.
If you select the “menu” at the botton of the page in the app and select “Fees calculator” that is one of the error pages.
Many many thanks…

1 Like

And here is another version for testing
https://Mikeg-backup.glideapp.io/

Just again checking the calculations, they are being calculated in the data sheets correctly from one digit upwards - its just that they are not transfering to the app itself either on my computer or on the phone app… I hope that tis information helps!

@Mark here’s a video of what I observed. I had copied @Mike_Greene’s gobaremeter3 app and it worked the same for me as it does for him.

Thank you Jeff for your imput and observations

1 Like

I just got to this. Thank you @Mike_Greene and @Jeff_Hager for explaining! We’ll have a fix out soon.

2 Likes

Should be fixed now. Sorry this took so long.

1 Like