New user questions

this will not change login column, you will have a new corrected column to refer to

That makes sense. But my clarifying question is how do I point to 4 instead of 2(default)?

i don’t understand what is 4 and 2

B column2 instead of D Column4.

you need to put column name in D1 than you will have reference name

use deferent name, like email 2 or email corrected
dont use same names for 2 columns

Ah okay!

Sooooo, how will Glide know to reference this one?

you will let glide know, by pointing to this every time you need it

Yes, there would be a large amount of unused space. I think in the future Glide will give us more customization. I don’t know when, but I think much of the new design is to lay the groundwork to eventually let us do some of these things someday. For now, Glide is primarily designed for phone apps, so desktop/tablet layouts are limited.

It won’t.
Glide doesn’t use the ‘App: Logins’ sheet, so this isn’t going to help at all.

I am sorry but I am not understanding how, as I am using a Glide Table for my users. This was the first Glide only (Not Sheet) App before they rolled out the new version.

it will, just don’t use email is log in user, use email is corrected email
copy this column to user profile sheet using

={‘App: Logins’!D:D}

Ahhh, yes that is what I was thinking originally. The sheet hack works but Glide doesn’t know of it.

Rather than messing with the email addresses, perhaps consider building your relations using the RowID column from your User Profile sheet.

3 Likes

Thank you guys for all of the amazing help!!!

1 Like

Yes, there would be a large amount of unused space. I think in the future Glide will give us more customization. I don’t know when, but I think much of the new design is to lay the groundwork to eventually let us do some of these things someday. For now, Glide is primarily designed for phone apps, so desktop/tablet layouts are limited.

Noted, thanks. I was looking forward to seeing how my Glide app looks on tablet and desktop. Fingers crossed that more design features are coming soon.

Thanks for the answers.

1 Like