New to glideapps "delete profile" feature question

hi guys

New to glideapps absolute love it! In 10 days i did a basic app with userprofiles.
i launched it today and people signed up, one thing i didnt think about is,how to delete a profile ( talking about the user themself, if they want to delete their account) , i had somebody ask me that today, wasnt sure, i mean i can always delete them, but does anybody have a feature?
is there a easy solution ?
here is my app https://prompt-birds-9302.glideapp.io/
thanks ahead, looking forward to an answer

1 Like

If you enable edit under features on the user profiles page, you can also check a box to allow delete.

oh thats simple :slight_smile: lol i thought its only for items added and only delete that., will add that right now!

would be awesome if you guys check my app, total novice, but loving it, any tips is helpful

thank you so much

1 Like

Glide is an instant obsession for many of us! I will definitely take a look and share any feedback! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

i have a question! it worked :), is there a way, to change the writing from " delete item" to “delete profile”
if not i can write it above that! i was just curious if you can change that writing as well. not a big issue, but like you said obsession lol :slight_smile:
thank you again

1 Like

Nope, we cannot change “delete item” but you can change your flow. The delete item shouldn’t be on the signup page. I would change your onboarding following this tutorial by the brilliant Glider, @Robert_Petitto:

You can also use images instead of buttons on your landing tab - with independent screen config to make the first page more visual - although the way you have it set up works fine.

Also see this, from the amazing @ThinhDinh and you can copy it!

2 Likes

i jsut saw the video great great stuff, a lot more work to do :slight_smile: so the delete button should never be on the page, i have it like that now, so it was fast, but hopefully it wont break anything on my app… but i definitely need to change my onboarding, its my first app just figuring stuff out, just wanted to get online fast too.
the video is really good.

1 Like

As a newbie, I did exactly the same. Yes, when you have time it is worth it to invest in the onboarding screens as shown in Roberts video. Another piece of great news is that glide is soon going to introduce onboarding screens for sign up so we won’t have to do it manually.

2 Likes

oh thats great news, i love that you can change parts if its not linked up.
so just to make sure, if i leave the delete button in the profile page, it wont do harm to it ? i tested it it worked, nothing was gone, but just makign sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

The risk is with the PLACEMENT of the delete button, plus no one expects the option to delete when signing up. I have given feedback that this is located where user expects to submit and should be reversed. I have had users delete their item because of this - before realizing it was delete. I also think it looks really bad on a sign up screen. But no, won’t otherwise hurt anything!

1 Like

makes sense, i did a text above, temporarly. saying it will delete it all. but yes the placement and confusion. will definitely change that later. Just wanted to do it cause one of the member asked
thank you so so much

1 Like

Robert’s video only takes about 20 min to set up the onboarding. The video is about multiple things, but the onboarding screen won’t take you long. Best of luck with your app! :blush:

1 Like