New Tabs are not showing

I am having the same issue. The new tabs in the souce sheet is not showing. Therefore there is no selection of that sheet in the dropdown of the tabs section in the add tab

1 Like

Do you have any headings or data in the new sheets? Have you reloaded the sheet?

Yes. I do have headings and data.
Reloaded - yes. (if that means the circular button to the bottom left side.) I have pressed a few times.

One thing i notitced is that the number of sheets in google sheet is 1 higher than that of the (data feed) regardless of how many times I reload.

I can change all the elements in all the previous sheets and i can see it reflected. But adding a sheet with data (I copied one of my previous sheets) I cant see that sheet reflected, therefore I cannot add a new tab because it is not in the drop down selection.

The data button and the edit sheet button has the same content but only 1 new sheet is not reflected

Have you tried refreshing the browser?

Yes, I went one step further and tried mozilla (another browser from chrome)
My observation is that the new sheet (edit sheet button) is not being displayed in the data (data button)
But all changes in the old sheets, edits and all are reflected

I got it… Its now working. I see it. i think the cache just took a while

2 Likes

Having the same issue now. How did you resolve it in the end of a day? Just gave it a wait? or changed browser?

Actually figured it out by now! Google Chrome does reflect additional Sheets. Safari for some reasons doesn’t. I’d be very glad if @david could look into the issue, and tell me what is up with Safari browser (issue: adding source sheets on google spreadsheets doesn’t reflect on dropdown menu on the tab section on go.glideapps.com)

So do you mean when you add a new Sheet in your Google Sheet, the new sheet/table does reflect in the data view of Chrome but not Safari?

yeah, it was exactly like this. Now I came back to the project, and adding new sheets to the google spreadsheet on Chrome, and it is again not reflected (I am using other profile that the one I am writing this from, just in case). I made sure I added a new Tab in navigation panel, reloaded both the google spreadsheet and go.glideapps pages, and gave it a time. Am I going wrong somewhere, or any other ideas?

It sounds like you expect any new Sheets to create a new tab? If it’s the case, then I would have to inform you that any new tabs must be created by yourself and link to the correct table in your database. Glide can’t (and shouldn’t) add new tabs based on new spreadsheets/Glide Tables. They only sync it to your database.

1 Like

when I create a new sheet on google sheets, fill it with some rows to it not being empty, and refresh it, and refresh go.glide page, the changes of new sheets created on google sheets, are not reflected on dropdown menu on glide, so I cannot chose a new source for data. Where am I going wrong?

Can you share some screenshots of the new tabs in your google sheet and what shows up in your glide data editor?

Figured it. I must have mistaken the datasources, and the one which wasn’t showing was linked to another datasheet, not the current one I was updating.

2 Likes

Closing due to inactivity. This topic will be deleted in a few weeks if there are no more comments.