New Multiple Image & File Upload - Future Tweaks

Hey… i need help. i noticed that multiple file uploads can be accessed by the same user who is uploading it… other users are not able to see those multiple files from their access… how can we make it open for all?

It sounds like the Multiple Files column might be User Specific.

What is your backend data source? Are you using native Glide tables, or some external data source such as Airtable or Google Sheets?

1 Like

Same here, how to make files visable for other users. Let’s say client uploads something our office workers have to be able to see it right

1 Like

If your data source is not a Glide table, the Multiple Files/Multiple Images columns will be user specific, so only the user that uploaded them can see them.

The solution is to either use Glide tables instead, or not use the Multiple Files/Multiple Images columns and instead use a basic column that only let’s you upload 1 single file into that column. If you need multiple files, then you will need multiple separate columns.

2 Likes

@Darren_Murphy yes, your guess is right. My backend source is google sheet. But i added this multiple file option on glidetables. It doesn’t show on google sheets.

@Jeff_Hager is spot on. :white_check_mark: it is because of the user specific column that multiple files can be seen by the user who is uploading the file.

One solution that i now know of is that we have to create single file upload columns so that all users are able to see the same files. @AlexanderD

1 Like

I just tried multiple image uploader, I have my column set correctly.

So far, it only works in an Edit screen but doesn’t work elsewhere: form screen or new screen with form container.

Is this correct or did I miss something?