Need help with visibility logic for showing/hiding previous/next choice components

For instance, I made a test app that initially displays only one choice component. Then, after you make a choice, the second choice component becomes visible, and so on (there are a total of five choice components in the test app).

Current visibility logic:
Choice 1 - none (so always show choice 1)
Choice 2 - show component when Choice 1 is not empty
Choice 3 - show component when Choice 2 is not empty
Choice 4 - show component when Choice 3 is not empty
Choice 5 - show component when Choice 4 is not empty

This works (to a very minor degree, of just showing each next choice component when the previous one has been filled) but where it fails is when a user, for instance, has made choices for all five choice components. Then lets say the user clears their choice for Choice 3, then Choice 4 becomes hidden. There are more scenarios where things get similarly messy, but the general idea/logic that I’m trying to achieve is:

• It starts with one choice component, if that choice component gets filled, show the next choice component, and so on (un wind them).
  • If a previous choice component (usually a middle one) gets cleared, keep the next choice component visible.
  • So the only way that a choice component could become hidden again, is if its the last filled component and it was just cleared, and so on (wind back up).

Ideally it’d be great if there was some way for subsequent choice components (their data) to shift depending on if a previous choice component was cleared. So, for instance, if all 5 choice components are filled and therefore visible, and Choice 3 was just cleared, then the data in Choice 4 would shift to Choice 3, and the data in Choice 5 would shift to Choice 4, and Choice 5 would therefore be cleared of any data. This would allow the current visibility logic provided earlier in the post to work.

Any ideas/thoughts/implementations would be very helpful. Thanks.

I don’t think you’re going to get data to shift, since no action is called when you change a choice selection.

I think all you need to do is add multiple conditions to each choice:
Choice 2 - show component when Choice 1 is not empty OR Choice3-5 are not empty
Choice 3 - show component when Choice 2 is not empty OR Choice 4-5 are not empty
Choice 4 - show component when Choice 3 is not empty OR Choice 5 is not empty
Choice 5 - show component when Choice 4 is not empty

1 Like

Thanks, that was easy enough. I’ve done some very complex stuff with Glide apps, but sometimes something simple stumps you. lol

Choice 5’s visibility logic is still slightly off. For instance, if Choice 4 gets cleared, Choice 5 immediately is hidden, even though it would still be filled.

…so Choice 5 should only hide when Choice 5 has been cleared.

1 Like

Ah, OK. Maybe something like this would be better. Keep each one visible if they are filled themselves.
Choice 2 - show component when Choice 1 is not empty OR Choice2-5 are not empty
Choice 3 - show component when Choice 2 is not empty OR Choice 3-5 are not empty
Choice 4 - show component when Choice 3 is not empty OR Choice 4-5 are not empty
Choice 5 - show component when Choice 4 is not empty OR Choice 5 is not empty

3 Likes

Mission complete. Appreciate it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.