Need Cancel Button

Okay, I understand. Can you show me how the choice component is configured, including the filter condition?

It might be that you need to switch to a custom form to get what you want.

unless you are trying to do, pick the itemā€¦ and item become unavailable while you entering data?

This what you mean @Darren_Murphy ?

Do you mean i need to go to other screen in order to choose the ID ?

@Uzo , item is not listed because of the status is not availableā€¦

we are missing somethingā€¦
if the item is unavailable, why does it goes there?

Ok,
now we have Machine 1, 2 and 3 . Let say all are available now.
User choose Machine 2 now. Ok done. Only Machine 1 and 3 left. Machine 2 unavailable.
Next what happen, they need to change from Machine 2 in any other machines.
They go to the details (as image at first), edit and to choose the Machine either 1 or 3. The list is only showing the 1 and 3ā€¦

biha, try thisā€¦

• Letā€™s say you start with 1,2,3
  • Choose 2, then click done.
  • Now open the choice again, and you see only 1 & 3, right?
  • This time choose the dash (-), then click done
  • Now open the choice again - what do you see?

if they need to change, then the whole process needs to be cancel, so all machines will be available againā€¦ I think your data structure is wrongā€¦ thatā€™s why you cant get simple solutions

Its clearing the cell, Darren. But @Darren_Murphy , i think i have an idea from yours.

Yes @Uzo , thats what i need to preventā€¦ :slight_smile:

if you need my deep solutionsā€¦ just Zoom me and let me see

Okay thanks @Uzo for your advice

1 Like

Just thinking out loud here, but would it be possible to add an OR condition to your filter to check if the machine name equals the selected machine name. So the choice should show available machines OR the currently selected machine.

2 Likes

Hmmm but the moment we choose Machine 3 (currently Machine 2), the condition that met is Machine 3 right? Machine 3 now hold the cell.

1 Like

Not completely sure. I would have to play around with the idea to be sure either way, but yeah, I think I get what you are saying. Iā€™m not sure if it would be a difference between using screen values vs column values. Or, possibly you could create a template column that duplicates the selected machine value, and then use the template value in your filter. Hopefully the template value would stick until the form is submitted, so if you change the chosen machine, the template column would still hold the original chosen machine and allow the filter to work.

I just tried this.
The template column copy even before we click ā€œDoneā€. But i got an idea from your statement ! Instead we use template column, we can use normal text column that hold temporary the Machine Number, if confirm to change need to set column to the main column of ID , and if ā€œCancelā€ just clear the temporary column.

Thanks for your advice.

1 Like