Multiple Stripe accounts in one Glide account

I am making apps for clients, but I don’t want to be responsible for collecting their payments through my Stripe account. At the moment I am having to create multiple Glide accounts so that I can connect their Stripe account up for payments. Would it be possible to choose which Stripe account you want to use for each specific app, rather than the Stripe authentication being applied globally to my Glide account? Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@mattbrowning, what did you end up doing? :slight_smile:

We have Orgs now. Each Org can have a separate Stripe Account. If you’re building apps for clients, each client should have their own org with their own billing and their own Stripe connection, etc.

2 Likes

I still haven’t played enough with stripe integration, mainly because focused on the covid-19 apps. As a builder, is it possible to integrate stripe with direct payment to customers? Or do we need to integrate stripe with our own account and then refund customers?

I don’t understand how to use Orgs ? What is it ?

When I try to connect a different Stripe account on another apps, it still tells me it will disconnect all the other apps… :slight_smile:

EDIT: oh! I got it ! You talked about organization… :face_with_head_bandage:

did you get an answer to this? i’m also interested in this question…
“I still haven’t played enough with stripe integration, mainly because focused on the covid-19 apps. As a builder, is it possible to integrate stripe with direct payment to customers? Or do we need to integrate stripe with our own account and then refund customers?”
oh nm, maybe this is solved through using orgs?

Hey Amanda,
No, it won’t be solved using orgs. In one app, you can’t have more than 1 stripe account. So you can’t have a market place with money going to different parties.

would there by a way to hook up the favorites button so that when someone favorites an item it then adds that to the cart?

and thanks for answering my previous question! :slight_smile:

I haven’t done much with the favorite button… but why would you want it that way, versus adding the buy/add to cart button?

it’s just part of my user flow to do it that way

I’m ALMOST sure, if you’re using Stripe’s payment inside of Glide, you won’t be able to add to cart when user adds to fav.

I would even say that for all of your apps, you can’t have more than 1 stripe account. And that’s also the problem, else we could imagine build a marketplace using X+1 apps : 1 app for the main portal, and X apps for the X stores. But we can’t

Nop, not solved and indeed, orgs don’t help for payment

just to clarify, you’re saying not just that it’s probably not possible to have a user favorite an item and have it put in the cart, but also a user won’t be able to add items to the cart that have also been favorited? is that right?

Users should be able to favorite items, and then, from the favorite list, add those items to the cart.
But it’s a manual process. You can’t have the favorite-ing of an item adding the item to the cart.
I hope I made myself clear.

ok, thanks!

I’m currently where you were. I have apps outside of an org and an app in an org and need to connect 2 stripes but glide isn’t allowing both accounts, only one at the time… how do i attach 1 stripe to my apps and 1 stripe to my clients “org” app?

Did you ever find out how to connect more than 1 stripe account to a single glide account? I have a normal app and an org app but they both connect to the same stripe account instead of 1 to the normal app and another to the org app independently…