Multi-line (text) list item titles

Hey. So I’ve got set up a details layout with an inline list component in it. A lot of the items in the list need to display longer form text (longer than title allows). Is there any way of displaying the values in the sheet cell’s within an inline list, without truncating the text?

I really don’t want to have to set it up with rich text as I feel it will just get messy and the way this is set up would mean I pretty much may as well hard code it all.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

You are limited to the space from edge to edge of the app. Line wrap is not an option or feature at the moment.

I had this same problem. I found the Rich Text component to be useful in my case by using the CONCATENATE function. For every list item or bullet point, I added an “&” and a “char(10)” as needed.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, guys. I went with rich text component in the end using markdown in the cells to create list. Just a quick fix for now.

Hello, everyone. I have the same problem (see image attached) — I don’t understand what you all mean with “use the rich text component”? How would I use it in this case to display all the ingredients of our pizzas? Currently those are connected to the Details Data of a List

I mean, we’re talking about pizza, you all know how important this is!

1 Like

Hi mrdobelina,

I don’t think it’s possible to display details/caption in a multi-line style. What people are mentioning above, if I am not wrong, is when you access the detail of an item, you can use rich text/concatenate methods.

Oh I see, they’re talking about the detail, ok.

Yea unfortunately is not possible the multi-line after all the tests I made

Thanks for the reply!

Try using tiles or cards. Those can give you more detail lines to display with the right settings.

1 Like

Yea I thought of it, but without images it looks weird. Even if a place a blank white image with a tiny height, it will still adapt to the sizing given by the layout 3:1, 3:2, square etc

1 Like

I mean, where talking about pizza! We need pictures! :wink:

3 Likes

Hahaha, totally correct. Next step! :laughing:

1 Like