Moving app from one account/email to another account/email (GlideApps)

I hope someone can help me with this.
I already searched the community, but only saw a post from 2-3 years ago.
And I assume that things are different now.
I have created a Glide app on a free plan on a different email/google account.
But now I am thinking of maybe moving the app to my own email/google account. (Also a free plan)
The app is not published yet.
I could recreate the app on my own account, but I am afraid that I will forget something and that it then will take me more time to figure things out.
So, if there is an easier/quicker way, that would be great.
One time I saw something about publishing the app and making it into a template. And after copying the template into my own account, then remove the template again.
But if I am right, to make it as a template, you need to have the data in Glide tables. Right now I am using Google Sheets and not Glide tables.
Many thanks in advance for all your tips and tricks. :slightly_smiling_face:

You don’t need to make a full template, but you can publish the app and make it copyable. Turn the copy switch on, then log into your other glide account, navigate to your published app url on a desktop, then click on the copy button.

3 Likes

That sounds nice.
Where can I find the option to make it copyable?

I had gone to settings, sharing, but it is “locked” and I don’t see the copy option.
(I have the free plan)

Was your app ever created from a template?

No, I created everything myself.

I saw something about that you need to have it also set to public.
I changed it to public, published it again, but I still did not see the setting.
Maybe it takes time before everything is changed?
I will just leave it like this overnight and check it again tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face:

I checked the app this morning, but I still did not see the option to make it copyable.
I remembered that I still had one app that I made and never had published before.
So I changed the setting to public with email and before I published the app, I checked to see if I had the option to copy, but I did not see it.
After I had published the app, I still did not see the option.
I had copied the “share” link when you publish it, and open a new browser and paste the link in there.
The options I got were to view it in full screen and share the app.
I don’t know why I don’t see the option the make it copyable.

Hi Pierre,

In any case do you use the Experimental Code column?

Thank you

You can also use the invite friends (team) feature, and then duplicate or transfer to a group

Hi Dilon,
As far as I know, I did not use any experiment code column(s)
In the link, they are talking about experimental columns.
Do you know which columns they are?
As I mentioned, as far as I know, I did not use any of those.
Or do they also mean all the columns with <> in the heading/title?
I am using the array column.

Hi,
It looks like this worked.
Only I don’t see the transfer option, but I am able to open it.
I did not try to duplicate it because I am afraid I will mess up things.
But I think I can work with it like this.
Thanks.

usually i do duplicate for backup or like save previous version of app change.
glad if it can help you

I also use duplicate, to make some kind of backup.
I will give it a go and see how it works, but I think that it should be okay. :slightly_smiling_face:

Update:
I could duplicate it without any problem. Only the transfer option was not visible. On my other apps I can see the transfer option, but not on this one.
But I think it is okay for now, like this.

Looks like for the already created teams if there’s a app or a newly created app that option is displayed!

But after creating a new team and create a app then that option is not displayed!

Maybe a Update by Glide Team? Santiago ( @SantiagoPerez ) is this a change by the Glide Team? :eyes:

1 Like

Before the team was created and I only had the newly created app, I also did not see the option.
I hope the Glide Support Team can solve this or has an answer for this. :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you have any experimental columns?

Is the team a paid one?

There are no experimental columns

I have a free plan
If I look at the documentation, then this should not be a problem.
The picture shown in the documentation also shows a free plan. (I think)
https://docs.glideapps.com/all/topics/templates/copy-app-as-template

It is also not mentioned that you need to have a paid plan.

No!

Nop. Maybe this is the problem? But the weird thing is I can see this option with the already created teams ( Teams that I have created before the release of the new team plans ) :face_with_peeking_eye: