Mobile login to glide

It’s a bit odd that google sign in doesn’t work on mobile. You’d think it’d work and it would show new user account requests!

What’s not working? What happens when you try to use it? I’ve never had issues with Google sign in.

Trying to login on an iPhone with a strong 4G connection out on the coast using the same google credentials as I use to log in on my Mac at home.

And what happens?
Do you get any sort of error?

And just to be clear, what are you trying to login to? An App, or the Glide Builder?

3 Likes

No error just goes back to the login screen… glide builder am trying as I want to be able to enable new user requests anywhere, not just on a Mac.

It’s their way to enforce the fact that the builder isn’t supported on mobile devices.

In fact you can still select a team and view the apps, but clicking apps will lead to their production version.

The builder is technically supported on mobile. Just have to force desktop mode. I do it often on my phone to test things within the builder, but the touch experience kind of sucks, so I don’t do any major development on my phone. Mostly just testing a component here and there.

2 Likes

Yes, agreed but it’d be handy to be able to respond to new user requests.

I don’t see why you couldn’t. I can get to the access request screen via my phone. Just need to check the box in the browser to force desktop mode.

This is exactly what it looks like for me on my phone. I don’t use the access request feature, so I don’t know if I’m missing something that can’t be done beyond this screen, but it’s never stopped me from doing other things in the builder.

And yes, I always use Google Authentication to sign in.

2 Likes

Yes, all hacks, not really a solution. I’d think if access to user requests can be viewed on mobile would be a good feature.

Bring that to Feature Requests so we can track it. :slight_smile: