Math Issue Question

I’m trying to add two columns (Food Price + QTY) to get a total. When I use the math function it doesn’t recognize the Food Price column which is a lookup column. Any suggestions please send them my way.

ccc

You are using the lookup column through a relation, and this relation seems to be a multiple relation. Any chance you can make this relation a single relation? This way the lookup column would return a single value rather than an array (with a single element).

Also, could you make sure the initial price column is a basic number column? This seems to be the case but it doesn’t hurt to double-check.

Not my business, but are you sure you want to add price and quantity? A more natural use case would be to multiply price and quantity, and in that case you would use an asterisk * as the multiplication operator in the math column.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your feedback. Yes, I’m multiplying not adding, that was an error on my part. lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.