Matchup one user selection with multiple items

Hello,

I have a table with apartments with a column called Distance to metro with the following options: 5 minutes, 5-10 minutes, 10-15 minutes, 15-20 minutes and Over 20 minutes

I need to create a filter for users that, when they select a value (e.g. Max 15 minutes), in the app, they will see all the apartments that are suitable for him (in this case, he should see the apartments that are 5 minutes, 5-10 minutes and 10-15 minutes away from the metro station)

I tried multiple ways to do it but I managed to obtain is to get only the apartments from interval, not all suitable intervals (like in the example above)

Thank you
Mihai

I would create a series of if-then-else columns to use as filter criteria. Something like this:

• “Over 20 mins”
    • If over 20 mins then true, else false
  • “Within 20 mins”
    • If over 20 mins then false, else true
  • “Within 15 mins”
    • If over 20 mins then false, else if 15-20 mins then false, else true
  • “Within 10 mins”
    • If 5 mins then true, else if 5-10 mins then true, else false
  • “Within 5 mins”
    • If 5 mins then true, else false

So then if you want to show (for example) all apartments within 15 mins, you would set your filter to “Within 15 mins” is true

hmm, perhaps a simpler alternative to the above would be to add a single extra column that represents the maximum travel time, and then use that as a filter.

So when your user selects Max 15 mins, you can filter by “Max Travel time is equal to or less than 15”

1 Like