List in Card View - Loses Spacing

Hi @Ivo_Elbert and @Jason this issue has now reappeared in my apps but with a vengeance! It is happening every time that I leave the app and return, even on lists of just a few items, for example a “fake menu” structure. Is there any fix in sight or can I assist in any way to find a solution? Cheers. Mark.

1 Like

+1 spacing needs to be fixed…

Cards with avatars
Inline lists which use text wrapping

3 Likes

Can confirm that I’m still experiencing this behaviour

2 Likes

Just wondering if any plan to try another fix? Still experiencing the issue.

I have the same issue with this for along time ago… I think its just minor bug, n glide will be fixed. But I until now it’s still happen.

1 Like

Is there any testing that I can do to try and assist with the resolution of this one? Happy to record more videos, try different configs etc if helpful?

2 Likes

any chance this will be fixed soon?

2 Likes

Hello rayo! Ivo here, I’m an engineer at Glide. We already fixed many instances of that bug, but we could have missed some. Could you share which app is having trouble, and if possible, steps to reproduce the bug?

3 Likes

@Ivo_Elbert may I also join in this discussion. I have this issue with pretty much all of my apps that use card view and my users are very keen for me to fix it.

1 Like

Thank you Ivo. I have messaged you with a screenshot. Issue remains with all card layouts in my apps.
Hope it will be solved soon.

3 Likes

In all of my apps cards with Avatars do not have correct spacing.

In some details screens, with only a few cards, it does seem to work (most of the time) but if the screen has many cards w/ avatars, it never has correct spacing.

Only after exiting the details screen and returning back to the same details screen does the spacing/ padding look normal.

@Ivo_Elbert This is purely a guess, but I’m pretty convinced that the card is rendered and properly sized (based on only the text) prior to the avatar image loading. Once the image loads, caches, and renders, then the card re-flexes to fit the new size including the avatar image. I think this is what causes the cards to butt up next to each other with no gaps. Once the images are cached, then the next time the card is rendered, everything loads at the same time and the card is sized correctly.

To me, since the avatar image height is static, it seems like there needs to be a placeholder height to account for the avatar image size and once the image is rendered, it will fit into that same placeholder without forcing the card to reflex to a new height to account for the image.

2 Likes

Closing due to inactivity. This topic will be deleted in a few weeks if there are no more comments.