List in Card View - Loses Spacing

Hehe, I wish. Still got a full work day ahead of me. After that I will be sure to enjoy. You too!

1 Like

That’s stretching it a bit far

4 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

This one’s definitely “got legs”

1 Like

@Jason surely we deserve a fix based on the sheer entertainment factor in this thread?

2 Likes

Really??
I never would have guessed… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Don’t start… :+1:

Hope you had a great week…Mr Murphy

1 Like

My yoga lady is now getting slightly stressed about this issue, which is very unlike her. It’s also been flagged as a bug by a customer with a property listings app. Any update or potential workaround? I really don’t want to “fall back” to a standard list if possible as they are bland in comparison.

@Mark can you please tell me if this bug is at least logged somewhere. It’s causing me some issues this week. Appreciate it may not be top priority, but is an end in sight? Cheers.

2 Likes

Yes, we’re aware of the bug :wink:

3 Likes

Ok @eltintero. That’s reassuring thanks. Do you have any broad timeframe that I can convey to my users?

Nope, we don’t have a timeline for that. Sorry.

That’s a shame. Are you aware of any workarounds I can use? I have one live customer and one in trial who are beginning to get frustrated.

maybe some css that can work to fix the bug eventually

I’m wondering if anybody has ever tried an SVG image. I wonder if they would render almost instantly, which would prevent the card from resizing after the page and after image loads…losing the spacing.

I think it’s largely the avatar image that loads after the card size is determined when the page is rendered. That causes the card to resize again and messes up the spacing.

I’m not too familiar with SVG images, but it’s my understanding that they are code instead of binary images, so they may not need to be downloaded and cached the same way that other images are. Then again, I could be completely wrong, but it may be something to try.

2 Likes

Hi @Jeff_Hager. I’ve tried this but to no avail. Several of our views don’t even use the avatar field and yet still exhibit the symptoms. Having said that you’ve made me think about the details field, which we often set as many lines as possible and utilise in a chat scenario (it works really well). In this case the variable length of the text will also require a recalc of the card dimensions I imagine. It’s a tricky one and perhaps I’m in the minority, but I use card view a lot and I’m getting negative feedback at the moment. It’s a shame.

4 Likes

I’ve been having the same problem for about 5 months now. I’ve tried everything and nothing seems to work. I received some customer complaints about this bug, and I said that it would solve it, but so far I have no idea how to fix this spacing, which the first time is buggy, but if it leaves and comes back, it solves…
Has anyone got anything?

My best guess is that the page is rendered and spaced out before all of the images are loaded. I haven’t really played around with different scenarios, but in my experience I seem to run into it whenever I have cards with avatar images. I think the card size is rendered with the text, then the images load, which makes the cards bigger. Kind of wonder if it would help if the images were somehow precached and hidden prior to the list being displayed, but again, I haven’t really played around with it.

2 Likes

Alas there has been no update to fix this. It’s really frustrating and I also have customers asking me the same thing. @Mark is this at least on a bug fix list somewhere?

3 Likes

Could this be a topic for the next live coding session?
@Jason @Mark

2 Likes