šŸŽ„ January 2021 Product Updates

What more would you want to see here? Product Updates ā€¢ Glide

Unfortunately, we donā€™t have capacity to log bug fixes at the moment, but Iā€™m sure that will change as we expand.

4 Likes

Guys check out glideapps.com/2021

Amazing!

6 Likes

I think @Darren_Murphy makes a good point. I think you guys are pretty good about showcasing new major features, even though most of us find them first. :wink: I agree with Darren, that it would be nice to see just a short notice about any bug fixes or some of the minor things that were put in with a production release. I think a lot of times bugs are fixed, but nobody realizes that and may still be trying to work around issues that may have been fixed for a long time. I realize that commenting and documenting changes, as a coder, is time consuming, but itā€™s nice to know what happened or be able to know what changes may be causing new issues. Thereā€™s been a handful of times that things have changed in my app due to a glide update, and I find out about it second hand from a user.

I know most companies donā€™t publish release notes anymore and it can be a lot of overhead. Heck, sometimes at my job, Iā€™ll put in a code change without documenting it because it was quick, easy, and a very minor change. Looking at Googleā€™s app store, most apps just post canned release notes that donā€™t tell you much of anything other than ā€œsquashed a few bugsā€. Iā€™m in-different either way, but sometimes itā€™s nice to know a brief summary of what was changed or fixedā€¦no matter how minor. The fancy announcement can always come later.

8 Likes

Well, I have to admit that Iā€™ve never seen that Product Updates page, which is embarrassing. Not sure how Iā€™ve missed that. Butā€¦ what Jeff said :arrow_up:

2 Likes

I think itā€™s a bit new

Jack,

Given the extent of Glide and an intentionally small staff, you guys are try hard to let developers know what is happening.

There are, however, a couple of disciplines and automatic mechanisms you might use that would leave tracks about what has happened without being a large drain on time:

1. Every document (including Videos) should have the date they were last modified associated with them. Knowing this when looking through a wide variety of documents can help a reader understand the context of the documents. Knowing that a document was last worked on a week ago versus two years ago contains a lot of information for the reader.

2. Using your source control system to produce a log of information about changes including a one-line explanation of the change by the developer is another way to catalog evidence of changes.

6 Likes

OMG! :star_struck:

1 Like

@forsdick if you look at the bottom of the glide library documentation, there is a ā€˜last updatedā€™ notice if that helps.

4 Likes

What I call a state of the art websiteā€¦very G20!

3 Likes

+1

9 Likes

Agree

4 Likes

Glide has posted some new vacancies. Some of the vacancies easy job tasksā€¦go for it guys!

2 Likes

And it has an RSS feed, so you can keep up with each post ā€¦

4 Likes

Your not alone. I saw the other one but not this one. The view that allows us to display info on a tablet or pc and be able to edit that view will be a game changer.

2 Likes

Iā€™m so exciting about the new GE design! In the video I saw some sneak peeks that will be so easy and funnier to buildā€¦ Iā€™d love to see it asap :yum:

4 Likes

Yes! Really looking forward to the dashboard @Lucas_Pires.

1 Like

Sorry - not getting round to this yet @McJagger. But Iā€™ve brought it up. Itā€™s still on my list.

2 Likes

The new date picker is a thing of beauty!

Will it be possible to disable dates in the past for certain scenarios? i.e. when making a booking?

I donā€™t see these update on my end yetā€¦ have they launched?

Some, but not all. Have you switched to the new view yet?