Inserting data by user does not transfer to my google spreadsheet

I have enabled data insertion in the address book app (editing existing text fields), but the data stays in the app and is not transferred to GS or google tables. I’m waiting though. And when I close the app and turn it on, they are not even in the app on my phone because the phone loads the data from the spreadsheet. I also turned on instant refresh, but it didn’t help. What to do? There is no button for the user to send the data…

Note: I’m putting it in via TEXT ENTRY (loading data from the table) and not via SCREEN COLUMNS or USER PROFILE COLUMNS, I don’t get it, no way those columns are showing up in the app.

Hi!

A few questions to make sure that the basics are checked off.

1. Are you pressing the submit button on the form when updating data?
  2. Are you trying to update an existing row or create a new row?
  3. Is the google sheet the correct one? You can check what’s connected in the data editor at the bottom.
  4. Are the display columns in the UI mapped to the right place, and are you looking at the right ones? Ex. Visibility

Hi Justin, thanks for the quick reply!

1. Are you pressing the submit button on the form when updating data?
  • The only confirmation button is the “nike” check mark at the top right. Am I missing any others?
  1. Are you trying to update an existing row or create a new row?
  • Existing columns
  1. Is the google sheet the correct one? You can check what’s connected in the data editor at the bottom.
  • I think so. It even works if I do it on a simulation on the computer via the Glide interface - it’s immediately written to the Glide table and Google spreadsheet. It doesn’t overwrite on mobile though. Btw on the computer simulation it says CONFIRM at the top right, but on mobile it just says “Nike swoosh”.
    —Added: no, sorry, it’s just the difference in the view of iOs and android :slight_smile:
  1. Are the display columns in the UI mapped to the right place, and are you looking at the right ones? Ex. Visibility
    -I don’t understand this. Sorry

Do you have multiple forms where this column could be updated? If so are you on the same one when testing on the web and on your phone?

It’s strange that it’s working on the web after published but not on mobile.

Are the columns that you are updating user specific columns?

Do you have multiple forms where this column could be updated? If so are you on the same one when testing on the web and on your phone?

• Yes, the other things work on a mobile phone - receiving data. But not transmitting data.

It’s strange that it’s working on the web after published but not on mobile.

• Exactly. I don’t get it.

Are the columns that you are updating user specific columns?

• No, I’m not using anything complicated.

All of the other forms aren’t working on mobile too? Or just one?

Ha! You’re right! Now I’ve tried all of them and only this one (longest) field doesn’t work. The others work, even uploading a photo. Yet everything is from the same table and done the same way.

Can you try recreating the text entry to see if that solves the issue?

Perhaps also, if you can, checking on another mobile device, clearing your cache, and/or checking your network settings. It’s puzzling that it works every except for your phone.

If that fails you could submit a support ticket with Glide here: https://glide-help.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Can you record a behavior of this on the builder side and on the web side as well? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, thanks a lot everyone, it seems to have started working. I created a new column and only put one row of data on the test so far, but it works with that, so I’ll copy it in carefully and hopefully it will be ok. Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.