Inline List Social Media

@ThinhDinh Amazing. Where can I see the code magic?

glide-yes-code-generate-social-icon-list - Replit

Here’s the original link.

5 Likes

@ThinhDinh. This is amazing! Your original solution was great but this is off the charts good! I’m sure this is a common request so hopefully you get the recognition for this!

Sorry I didn’t realise that you had provided the original link. You should charge for this code … I’d be happy to contribute or at least buy you a virtual coffee! Please take it down and get rewarded as you should be for your time!

2 Likes

By reading through the posts of this topic alone, I find it a good learning experience to see how the same result can be achieved via @Jeff_Hager 's explanation (nocode process within Glide) and via @ThinhDinh coding away (his code hosted in Replit).

@ThinhDinh

• I don’t understand what Glide builders are supposed to do with someone else’s code in Replit. Fork it to our own Replit account? Trust that it can be used as is? Suppose you decide to change the code of your social media experimental column, or say you just decide to delete your code (same goes for @david 's columns by the way).
  • Also, do we agree that using someone else’s Experimental Column is at one’s own risk? The output of the column is as good as the code and quality assurance on the code?
3 Likes

You can just use the coder’s link and put it in the Experimental Code column to use it. Of course there must be an element of trust before putting the link in there. Glide does warn you about that.

Regarding the maintenance of it, I would always fork people’s code to my Replit account just in case they make an update and it no longer works with my use case.

I can’t say for any other people who use Replit, but I will always keep my code available to the public and forkable so anyone can see what’s in there and fork to change it themselves.

3 Likes

Same.

I think I’d have a bit more trust in these. Yes, it’s still a beta feature, but the fact that they are published on the Glide website gives me at least some expectation that they’ll be supported.

4 Likes

Well I stuck a fork in it straight away. So useful @ThinhDinh. Thanks again. It’s so generous to provide this to freely but my offer stands!

1 Like

I’m just glad to help :wink: Hit me up if you have any other questions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@ThinhDinh can you add youtube to this list?

Should be in now.

For your information, I’m now maintaining it in Github. @Anthony_Murray

https://thinhdinhlca.github.io/generate-social-icon-list/

8 Likes

Awesome. Great plugin btw!

1 Like

Always let me know if you want to add anything or edit icons etc.

@ThinhDinh Can you add Pinterest and TikTok?

This looks ok on desktop/tablet but it gets squeezed too much on a smaller mobile. Let me know if you plan to use all of those so we can add a condition some where in there to start a new “row” of icons.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Something got messed up I thing. It’s showing all icons even when half of them are empty:
CleanShot 2022-04-22 at 20.56.13@2x

Just made an update. Let me know if it works.

2 Likes

yep! better thanks!

2 Likes

Now supporting Telegram, per @slscustom.ru 's request.

2 Likes