Increment Action?!

Hi @Mark

I think Increment Action does not work using an Action Text. Last night I tested it and nothing worked.

Check it out please.

Saludos

@gvalero Could you share your app please, and tell me how to reproduce the problem?

Hola @Mark

Here a little video reproducing the problem with Action Text

Actiontext-Bug

Saludos

This should be fixed now.

2 Likes

The rocket is ready and working now @Mark

Gracias!

Hi @Robert_Petitto ,
I have a problem with this.
I can’t make an increment with a formula data. Glide doesn’t show the possibility for a few days ago.
The formula doesn’t appear in the drop-down menu “Increment by”.
On older GLIDE, it shows a dash instead of the formula column math.
Do you have the same problem?
Thanks a lot,
Laurent

@Mark @ThinhDinh
That exactly what i do but, a few days ago, this option doesn’t work.
On my apps, i have an hyphen and i can’t choose a data columns,

Hi Laurent, I did not experience this myself because in my use case, I did not try to make an increment on a dependent column (as in Math, Template or If > Then > Else, which are dependent on the previously created columns).

I think that might be the right logic though, an increment on those columns might break the link between those and their “parent” columns. Let’s say you have a Math Column which is a sum of column A and column B. Then you try to increase that by 1 using a button, what happens to the original relationship with column A and B?

Same goes with Template and If > Then > Else.

I’m guessing you can only increment number columns…not template, math, if, etc.

I do love me some increment navigation though!!!

6 Likes

Increment action & Tab visibility :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Exactly Robert,

1 Like

wow thanks I didn’t see your answer. Seems to work like a charm

https://go.glideapps.com/app/vXhshRBY1oKPwfCSAjsz

@Mark. Another weird increment bug. It looks like the column value is being cached incorrectly. When I attempt to +1 or -1 it doesn’t increment from the column value. Hard to explain…you have to see it for yourself:

2 Likes

I have exactly the same issue with -1 and +1action. I set up my buttons a few days ago and it worked like a charm. But when I tried again yesterday I had exactly the same issue as @Robert_Petitto mentionned . It seems like a sort of cache is causing the trouble. Tks

Thanks for confirming. Yes, it was working beautifully until a couple days ago.

Robert,
I am trying to figure out how you were able to navigate screens using the increment action, and I just can’t seem to do it. I watched a couple other tutorials as well, and they are not making sense. Can you point me to a “Navigation for Dummies” instruction on this if you know of one?
Thanks

I’m not navigating screens, but I’m “navigating” between various elements of a particular sheet/screen. Increments increase/decrease a column value. If each of your rows has a value assigned (row number) then you can FILTER an inline list by the column that you’re incrementing. In my example above, I have a 5 columns of data. That data is assigned a number. I’m then controlling the VISIBILITY of that data using the increment feature (if Number = 1, show text 1…etc.)

1 Like

I have tried to explain it here! If you get stuck still, you can reach out and I will guide you!

1 Like

Thanks!