🆕 Increment a column through a relation

You can now increment a column through a relation. This saves some columns to pre-calculate a value then set it through a set column action, the way we did it before.

22 Likes

Hooray! It’s been in staging for the past week. Excited to see this. It’s going to make a huge difference in any gamification app.

5 Likes

Yeeas! I’ve used this days ago :fire::fire:

3 Likes

@ThinhDinh Did you check if the same can be done even on a multiple relation or is it only for single relation?

Does anyone has a example - maybe in a demo app?

1 Like

Example: push a button on one screen (sourced from a challenges sheet, let’s say) and then increment a player’s point total in the user’s sheet when completing that challenge.

Next it would be great if the increment action could be used across multiple columns, like set columns. I’m using multiple increment actions to take dynamic values from a set of user specific columns and adding them to an existing set of columns in another table with data coming from all the users. I can’t use set columns or rollups because of the row/column setup.

I have the same Luther’s question: can that relation be multiple??

Gracias

An answer for you is I don’t seem to have the ability to select a multiple relation in that action.

1 Like