Inconsistencies with "Go Back" & "Go to Tab"

In my Apps there is sometimes inconsistencies with the actions “Go back” and “Go to Tab”…
Earlier on the “Go back” action did not want to go back to the previous tab that I was on so I opted to use the “Go to Tab” action and specified the Tab…

Today the same button that was configured to “Go to Tab” with an action won’t do so. The tab name changes on the right side to show that it is now in a new tab but the screen does not move.
I had to then change the action back to “Go back”…

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue before or noticed anything?

I am not sure how reproducible this is because it’s something I noticed over a couple of days…

I think the behaviour of each depends on where your starting point is, and how you got there.
For example, if you’re two or three screens deep in one tab, then navigate to another tab, and then back again - I think you’ll land back in the same place, ie. 2 or 3 screens deep. I believe there are also subtle differences when you’re navigating in and out of tabs that are located in the side (hamburger) menu. Apologies for the vagueness of my answer, I haven’t taken the time to test and get my head around all the possible scenarios - I probably should.

2 Likes

I think all your points are correct.

1 Like