šŸ•µ In Staging - Spying All New Features in Glide

Should be fixed now.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, that ā€œkeep me signed inā€ checkbox still fails for in-app browsers such as Facebook and Instagram. So folks clicking through to glide apps (or a deep link with shared content) from those platforms have to ask for a pin code every time. :cry:

It could easily be solved if glide inspected the user agent and suggested that the user open this page in chrome/safari.

3 Likes

That would be great. Had a couple of clients complain about it recently.

2 Likes

Yeah and it really hurts the ā€œadd to home screen flowā€. I have to teach my users how to manually do this after the fact with follow-up emails, support links, via customer service, etc.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity: why do you enable the checkbox?

I donā€™t understand the question, AFAIK if I were able to check that box in staging it would be the same as the current default behavior in production.

Cookies do not appear to persist for any length of time across sessions in the in-app browsers that I referenced.

Ah, I see what youā€™re saying now!

3 Likes

BEAUTIFUL DESIGN UPDATE!

Also, components now have colors!! This looks a LOT like the 2021 updateā€¦ Hooray!

@Mark Is showing the ā€˜preview asā€™ section actually needed when on the settings panel?

6 Likes

New whitelisting option:

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 10.40.14 PM

6 Likes

Whatā€™s the difference between the last two options?

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing you can either maintain a single sheet that can function as your user profile and whitelist sheet. Or you can use two separate sheets. One only for user profiles and another only for your whitelist.

1 Like

I have a query, I cannot find the parameter visibility for a tab in Detail mode.
For the other modes, the visibility parameters are now in the parameters page.

Do you mean in staging?

Yes in staging

Yeah, I think thereā€™s still some bugs with that. It looks like you can get to the tab visibility with any of the list styles, but you canā€™t with a details style. I tried setting visibility on a tab with a list style view and as soon as I try to add a visibility condition, the tab hides and I have no way of getting it back now.

Indeed.
I think the team still has a lot of work to do, but itā€™s already promising.

2 Likes

Update: Share, upgrade button have new designs pushed to production!

Also, beautiful new icons for details, map, list, etc in production!

6 Likes

WOW:

Live Preview??

Not really sure what this is forā€¦

2 Likes

ALSO: THE NEW LAYOUTS ARE HERE!!

11 Likes

Excellent! Looking forward to this coming on tap, I have 2 apps waiting for a solid desktop layout.

4 Likes