🗂 In-app filter

Awesome. This will be handy for a mini-crm. Filtering by contact category etc.

Nice little add-on!!

Thanks @Mark !

1 Like

Love this new feature; it opens new options for Gliders. @Mark, I’d like to make one suggestion. I think it’s important to provide users with a visual indication that a filter is active. Similar to what you’ve done with the ALL / FAVORITES toggle inside components, what about changing the filter icon state to solid when a filter is active and back to outline when inactive (see below)? Thx

11 Likes

It’s on our to-do list.

2 Likes

Should have guessed. :slight_smile: Thx

Noticed this yesterday and started using it immediately. Was a bit bummed to only find it in the List Relation component, though, and not with the Inline List component which has a similar list display. Is it because multiple Inline List components can be placed on a detail screen and the filter can only be applied to one list right now? Are you guys looking for a similar solution for the Inline List?

3 Likes

Yes, we’re still figuring out what to do with Inline Lists.

4 Likes

I think this would be great as a choice component integrated into a list. Maybe having the option to show the filter button at the top right of the screen like it is now, but also the option to show it like favorites or the two different views of the choice component. That way it could be integrated into inline lists as well as the list style view.

4 Likes

Ditto. Feature is awesome…icon looks too thick/big/chunky in comparison to other icons within Glide.

3 Likes

Yeah looks out of place with the rest of the design.

1 Like

@Robert_Petitto @Rosewebstudio As @Mark said, we’re working on the next iteration for the UI of this feature, which includes both fixing the sizing for icons (which is due to how the current — and amazing — icon set is designed, where sometimes gives us some unexpected results when used together) and also having an indicator for letting app users know when a list view is being filtered or not :wink:

9 Likes

The icons in the screenshots look 100x better. :clap:

3 Likes

Thanks

@Mark
Does this new feature work only on list view?
I can’t seem so find this is inline lists component?

Correct, see above:

Brilliant! Thank you for rolling out these updates.

Would be great if the chosen filter was saved per user. I have to re-select my desired filter each time I open an app. Ideally, the choice would be saved in the app’s cache/history.

5 Likes

@mark it would be great if the filter values could be sorted. I have a list where the filter values are numbers - but doesn’t look nice (see below)

The value are just picked up in the sequence that the values appear in the list.

It could also be nice for the user to know what the filter value means. I have made a filtering based on how many people a meeting room could hold - but the value could also have meant how many meters to the nearest coffee machine.

Sorting makes sense. Does anybody else have the same problem?

As to your second problem: the easiest way to fix this is to make a computed column based on the number you’re now filtering by. For example, it could be an If-Then-Else something like this:

If Max People >= 100 then 100+ people
Else if Max People >= 50 then 50-99 people
Else if Max People >= 20 then 20-49 people
…
Else 1-5 people

1 Like