Hello! I just started to create my own CRM app and would like to know how to add more in-app filter options. I have tried using the choice component along with the in-line list component to create a filter-like function but I am now stuck.
I have Sheet 1 with client info and different dress sizes, and Sheet 2 with all the sizes listed. Not all sizes are showing on Sheet 1 and Sheet 2 was created as a reference and indicates all sizes.
If I were to use the choice/in-line list components, how can I display all sizes in the choice component, and when I select eg) size 40 in a choice component, it displays only the client(s) that wears size 40 in the in-line list component?
I am new to this so I am not sure if there are any other options around creating a filter-like function for my app.
Hello! Continuing with the filter solution, I was able to achieve some of the results that I wanted thanks to the very helpful post above. However, I am stuck again and I have tried my best to find errors that I might have made while creating the filters.
Please see below for a better idea of what I am trying to explain:
On this screen, I have 4 filters. The first RTW size filter works well with a small lagging issue. Clicking from 34, to 36, and 36 to 38 is not an issue (the results populate instantly). The problem occurs when I select size 38 to 40, 40 to 42–the screen would show the result of size 38 and remain the same, when I click on 40. I would have to select a different tab (eg: “My Clients”) and then click back to get an updated result. Is there a way to fix this?
Also, on the same screen, the other 3 filters are dependent on the first filter. If I do not select a size, and only select from below (eg: tees) , no results will show up.
However, when I check the sheet, the results do show up in the designated column.
I followed the app that Gustavo created (as seen above), and pretty much copied as much of the backend and tried to understand it. I also tried the narrow (and) filter and I think I made more mistakes with that
From what you described, I think it’s not your fault, just how the relation is not calculated correctly when user-specific column changes. I have seen this behaviour many times before but it looks like it’s still not fixed.
For my cases, I fixed it by using filters on the inline list, not using those choices to drive relations. I’m not sure if that’s even feasible in your case though.