How to Make a Staging instance for my app for testing

Hi Guys,

I need to make a staging instance for my app for testing. I tried duplicating the app then I see the data in both tables are the same.

My App uses glide table

Anyways I can do it easily?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,
Dilip

When you duplicate the App, you should select the “Copy the sheet” option.
This will give you a new independent copy of all tables, that are not linked in any way to the original App.

2 Likes

Thank you Murphy,

Tried that just sometime back. Yeah it works now.

I got confused thinking its only for google sheets as it was showing sheets symbol.

Thank you again.

Regards,
Dilip

Yes, I agree. The terminology on that screen is very outdated.
I’ve put in a request to have it updated.

1 Like

Thank you Darren.

Regards,
Dilip

Please also note that if you have any setups that are different from your production version, they won’t migrate automatically. You have to do it manually.

1 Like

:point_up_2: I think @ThinhDinh 's point above is important. When we duplicate an app and select “Copy sheet”, the app thus duplicated is merely that, a duplicate: tables in the data editor, tabs and screens in the layout editor, actions in the actions editor, and settings are all duplicates. The original app and duplicated app are totally unlinked, and I don’t think we can say one is a staging instance, but rather a separate backup.

2 Likes

Thank you for replying ThinDinh,

Will keep it in mind

Regards,
Dilip

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.