How to interact with Microdot Word, Outlook, etc?

Hi all,
Happy 22!! :partying_face:
Is there a way to embed a Glide App as a plugin/add-on to MS Word, Outlook, etc.?
I look through this topic but I’m not sure it’s what I need.
The idea is to allow an internal user to quickly link a document or email (as file) to a client/project managed on Glide?
This is a very useful feature that can greatly increase the usability of a CRM based on Glide.
Thanks

1 Like

Do you mean you want to embed an MS Word/Outlook document to Glide? How do you envision the flow to look like? Does the user enter a URL to a column then you display that to other users?

It would be a great addition if Glide could modify the components and content to an add-on for Microsoft and Google but I think this would be a new product like Pages. Currently I’m pretty sure its not possible via the plug in or add-on modules.

Hi
Same flow you see with almost all “major lead” CRM/ERP/WMS, etc.
When the user is working on a specific document, one of the tabs (or sidebar) within Word (for example) would be “send to Glide” (or similar). When the user clicks on it, a dialog would assist in linking this document to a specific record (client, project, order, item, etc.). Once connected, an action will add a row that links back to that record and will, ideally, have a google drive link to that drive. As we’re talking corporate environment, we have full control over who can see what.
I was looking for some similar examples from other systems but couldn’t find something with a clear explanation for the flow. Here are some example that are close enough:
Microsoft Dynamics 365

Linkpoint

Clarity CRM

General review of some good solutions

Thanks

At the moment I don’t think it’s possible. If those products can send the document through a webhook then you can do something with Integromat to save the document to your Google Sheets.

Hola!

I think you need to work with Microsoft Graph to achieve what you want. I have tested some its features/functions and sometimes I get lost due to its power and wide options, it’s not for rookies according to my opinion (neither what you wish :wink:)

Microsoft Graph gives you a full REST APIs and client libraries to access data on several Microsoft services: Bookings, Calendar, Excel, Microsoft 365 compliance eDiscovery, Microsoft Search, OneDrive, OneNote, Outlook/Exchange, etc, etc.

More info here: Overview of Microsoft Graph - Microsoft Graph | Microsoft Docs

Saludos

2 Likes

Gracias amigo.
For better or for worse, we’re in the Google Ecosystem. Microsoft’s Ecosystem (365) indeed has great options, but so does Google’s :slight_smile:
I’m aware this isn’t an idea which is simple to build, which is why I think it should be a native feature from Glide. This could be very useful in many other applications.
I’ll try to start a feature request. Very slow chances (~0) but nothing to lose.

1 Like