How to have the favorites appear on individual user's profile

Bonjour de Montréal!

Did you find a solution to “have the favorites appear on individual user’s profile” ? If you did not, I have a suggestion. This solution worked for my app which has a private profile section along with private lists of favorites pulled from public lists.

Following is a summary of what you will need to implement it.

1- Create a User Profile linked to a User Profile table as per the documentation

2-Apply Row Ownership to the User Profile table

3-Allow the signed in user to complete the profile via a button as per @Jeff_Hager explanation here

4-Create a new tab linked to the User Profile table from step #1.

5- If step 1-4 are all working, at this point you should only see the the signed in user’s profile item (row) in the newly created tab. Here, use the detail view.

6-Once in detail view use an inline list component with its data (values) source being a list in which the favorites component was applied. On this newly added inline list component go to Features/Filter and apply a filter on the favorites like this: Is Favorited? → True. Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 1.25.46 AM

Now you should have a private profile , with a list of only favourites. You can have multiple categories of only favorites in this profile by using this method.

If you have questions let me know.

Bonne chance! :+1:

2 Likes