How to cause Glide to regenerate the Glide internal table from a Google Spreadsheet

In preparation for working on the next version of my app, I decided to clean up the formatting of the various sheets in my Google spreadsheets file. First, I duplicated the Glide app, including the Google Spreadsheet so that any changes I made could be rolled back.

The changes involved adding extra columns to some of the sheets.

None of these changes removed any columns that were used in my app’s template.

When I looked at my app after making all of these changes, I discovered that some of the columns at the right side of the sheets were not represented in the values I could include in template components.

I suspect that I overtaxed the Glide internal table updating algorithm.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of repeatable evidence to show what I did: I added a total of 10 columns at various positions in the sheet where data gets messed up in Glide internal table.

OK, so I think to myself: What I need to do is get Glide to regenerate the internal table from scratch from the Google Spreadsheet. But, I’m not quite sure how to do this.

Can somebody tell me how to do this?

Thanks,

– Harry

Might be a silly question (and quite possibly I’m missing the point), but have you tried triggering a sync?

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 10.52.59 AM

1 Like

Darren: Your suggestion isn’t silly at all – but refreshing wasn’t the reason I was having problems. But, your comment made me go back and look carefully as the data source for the place in my app where this strangeness was happening, and I discovered the source of the problem was a mistake in my Google Sheet, rather than an error in the building of the Glide internal tables.

So, I’d like to add a vote of confidence to the mechanisms in Glide for tracking changes to Google Sheets. Bravo!

Thanks, Darren for the comment that made me think a little more about what was going on.

– Harry

1 Like