Hi, I'm David Siegel, CEO of Glide

Hello! I’m David, CEO of Glide. Here’s a picture of the founders of Glide, I’m the one with the arrows:

I grew up in Minnesota, and studied Philosophy and Computer Engineering in school.

I recorded a podcast where I explain the origin of Glide and why we’re doing it.

When I’m not working on Glide, I like to:

• Ride my bike around San Francisco
  • Hike around beaches and forests
  • Swim, especially in natural water
  • Read books by David Deutsch, Borges, Wodehouse
  • Listen to music—especially dubstep while sweating on the elliptical these days
  • Talk in a baby voice to dogs
  • Drink wine with friends and discuss ethical & personal issues posed by technology

Happy to be here with all of you!

32 Likes

No way! What part of Minne are u from?? I’m grew up in Waconia.

The people on this thread:

Never heard @david explain lists and choices using “Matzah” as an example.

BTW: I tried to find that video on YouTube to post here, no luck!

2 Likes

Glad to hear I’m not the only one living in SF! Also, didn’t you quit Microsoft to create Glide? You have to have a lot of guts to do that! :star_struck:

5 Likes

2:40 :rofl:

Okay… :rofl:

Hi Samuel from Singapore , I work for a Taxi Company and I am very interested in exploring dashboards.

Hi, have you tried making an app from a sample spreadsheet? Do you need help or you want to explore things yourself first? Feel free to let us know.

Hi ThinhDinh, I am trying to make a Driver Matching app with Glide , meaning I have a Group of Hirer’s ( Taxi ) and I also have another Group of Partners ( Relief’s and Super Relief’s) and I would to allow each group member find a partner in the other group. I also want to limit the number of parrtners paired not more than 1. Meaning 1 hirer and 1 Relief can be paired , if a second hirer wants to join I set the rule not to be able to pair. Can you suggest the tools I can use within Glide to be able to create this.

I’m thinking you can have a setup like this.

Have a Profiles sheet with the Roles column populated with “Hirer” and “Partner”.

In the “Find a match” tab in the app, you show profiles that have a Roles column that is not the signed-in user’s role.

Which means Hirers can only see Partners and vice versa.

Then have a “match” sheet to store a form submission. If a hirer wants to match with a partner/relief, then a form will collect both emails. Then you make a relation of the email to the “Match” sheet. If a Partner/Relief has that relation as a “Not empty”, then hide the form button.

I find it funny how you quit microsoft to found a company based on google sheets

He is smart, Google is powerful in cloud apps, sheets is one of the Smartest products in Google compared to any other products

Welldone @david :muscle:

3 Likes