Help with sports rosters in a league app

Hi. I created a sports league with some help. I created teams tab in a list format. I also created six different roster sheets, one for each team as there are roughly twenty persons per team. The problem is, when I click on a team page, it draws the roster info from only one sheet as opposed to the individual teams roster sheet that was clicked, whichever I added as the source. In other words, once clicked, it only draw from one sheet so, every team has the same players. I am unable to have it draw from a specific teams sheet. I can’t figure out what is wrong and need help. Many thanks.
Joe

Instead of a sheet for each roster, I think it would make a lot more sense to put all roster data in one sheet. Then create relations linking the team sheet to the roster sheet. When you select a team to view it’s details, then you can place an inline list on the screen and set the source to the relation.

This is going to be a whole lot easier to maintain, since you won’t have to jump through hoops with multiple customs actions to redirect to different sheets for each team. Also it will be much more scalable, since you won’t have to design the detail screen for separate sheets and you won’t be limited by the number of teams you can have.

Thank you so much for the fast response, Jeff. I’m new to this and kind of learning as I go along. I have a lot to learn about relations. Haven’t tried that at all yet. I’ll try and find some videos on that subject. This makes a whole lot of sense and I will definitely try putting it all on one sheet.

1 Like

Awesome!! Thank you so very much. Have a great day, Jeff.

Joe

1 Like